Good Exhaust Case Fan

xAlphaStick

Hi guys just wondering what do you guys think is the best exhaust fan for a case. There is only going to be one and I think it will help the airflow and temps for my PC. I am not really into LED's or anything just a good fan that is 120mm in diameter.

Also since this is a very theoretical thing as you can't really have the best fan I just want opinions.

Thanks 

Desktop:  MSi GTX 680 Lightning - MSi Mpower Z77- i7 3770k - Asus Xonar DGX  - 16Gb Ares Ram - GX 750w PSU

Laptop: MSi GE 60 - GTX 765m - i74700MQ - 8gb ram

everyone will say noctuas or corsair sp fans

if you want super performance and dont mind how ugly they are, noctua

if you want looks and still good fans get the corsair fans

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Also Gentle Typoons and Noiseblockers are another opinion.

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

probably going to go with a cosair fan because they look alright and seem like popular good fans.

Desktop:  MSi GTX 680 Lightning - MSi Mpower Z77- i7 3770k - Asus Xonar DGX  - 16Gb Ares Ram - GX 750w PSU

Laptop: MSi GE 60 - GTX 765m - i74700MQ - 8gb ram

Hi guys just wondering what do you guys think is the best exhaust fan for a case. There is only going to be one and I think it will help the airflow and temps for my PC. I am not really into LED's or anything just a good fan that is 120mm in diameter.

Also since this is a very theoretical thing as you can't really have the best fan I just want opinions.

Thanks 

without knowing what your intake fans are, and what else you could do in that area i could not personally recommend any fan. because depending on the intake recommending one fan or another would be a disaster in real life.

A lot of people will recommend some SP (static pressure) fan. I would say this is the wrong choice, go with an AF (air flow) fan.

I would say Noctua NF-S12A, these are the quietest in Noctuas 120mm lineup, and they move the most air. When it comes to pure stats, this to my mind is the best I've seen. You could also look to something like Corsairs AF120 Quiet Ed. or Noiseblocker NB-eloop B12-2

I've tried many fans and over the last year have quite honestly spent an embarrassing amount of money on cooling (wasted about $150-$200). I like Noctua fan's but absolutely hate the looks. I've settled on Be Quiet! Silent Wings 2 fans.

- They undervolt very well.

- The 120 and 140mm versions do not have annoying motor noises (I've even noticed these noises at low voltages on Noctua fans).

- However the 135mm version that came with my Dark Rock Pro 2 has that annoying motor noise.

- For an exhaust fan they will be very good, they are very high cfm and VERY quiet and are able to start up at very low voltages.

Yes they are extremely expensive, but I think they have value as far as aesthetics and performance (noise relative to cfm). For a normal exhaust fan, I would recommend them if you can/are willing to spend $25-$30 for a single 120/140mm case fan.

i5 3570K • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP • 2x Asus GTX 670 SLI • Asus Sabertooth z77 • Asus PCE-AC66 • Crucial M4 256GB • Corsair AX 850 • Sound Blaster Xz • Fractal Define R4 • Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 • Dell U2713HM • Sennheiser RS 180 • Fanatec Porsche GT2 Wheel • Clubsport Pedals

Cougar HDB (hydro dynamic bearing) fans are good as well, I have one in my case and while it's not the most quiet, it really moves a lot of air. It also has an orange theme to it, if you're into that. They have multiple sizes and non-pwm versions as well. Also available in (mostly) black. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553002

Noctua's are the staple name, but honestly there are far better performers for cheap, and look good :)

Noiseblocker's

Scythe - Gentle Typhoon's

Corsair AP/SP Series

Silverstone AP Series

Cougar's

Some companies/fans easily recommended, do your research because some fans are specifically tailored for case or radiator placement.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog