Is MetroPCS as good as T-Mobile now?

TopWargamer

So it's been quite some time since T-Mobile acquired MetroPCS. So since TMo now owns them, does that mean that Metro can take use of TMo's network (if you're phone is compatible)? Because if so, then I could be having an unlimited data plan that costs only $60 instead of TMo's $80 unlimited data plan.

So ya, if anybody knows, please please please let me know.

COMIC SANS

I currently use MetroPCS (or as we like to call it around here, "MetroPieceofShit"), the unlimited data plan is garbage, you get like 500mb of 4g then it drops to like some unknown data speed that is from like 2003. Once I use my 4g data I literally can't even load profile pictures on LTT.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

I currently use MetroPCS (or as we like to call it around here, "MetroPieceofShit"), the unlimited data plan is garbage, you get like 500mb of 4g then it drops to like some unknown data speed that is from like 2003. Once I use my 4g data I literally can't even load profile pictures on LTT.

It drops to T-Mobile's horrible old AWS 3G network. 

"Rawr XD"

It drops to T-Mobile's horrible old AWS 3G network. 

Are you sure about that, the guy at my local metro store told me it isn't 3g (yes I know the people who work in the stores are idiots) and the speed doesn't feel anything like 3g. Like I can't even load 240p  youtube videos.

Edit* Maybe the tmobile change hasn't happened in my area (south east michigan).

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

T-Moblie in my experience gets better speeds and reception in the city than Verizon, and worse in non-urban areas. And the customer service is just the same as Verizon just less busy.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Are you sure about that, the guy at my local metro store told me it isn't 3g (yes I know the people who work in the stores are idiots) and the speed doesn't feel anything like 3g. Like I can't even load 240p  youtube videos.

Edit* Maybe the tmobile change hasn't happened in my area (south east michigan).

Real world speeds you'll get on their AWS networks are at best the basic UTMS 3G. However compared to AT&T or other networks it's about equivalent to their 2G.

"Rawr XD"