Toxic 7970 Question

Guys I am thinking of buying some Graphics cards for a build and I wanted alot of VRAM and I saw the Sapphire Toxic 7970 and then I wanted a watercooling setup so my question is could I put an EK-FC 7970 Waterblock Nickel+Acetal to it?

That amount of VRAM will be useless unless you plan to run lots of displays with high resolutions. Like 2560x1600 high. Or if you plan to at least play Max Payne 3 across three displays @ 2560x1600 each.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Yeah, you really dont need insane amounts of VRAM for normal usage. It is a custom PCB, so theoretically you could get a universal GPU block and try to find something to cool the VRAM. Or, just get a reference 7970, and you could watercool it and be able to overclock it to the max.

Yeah, you really dont need insane amounts of VRAM for normal usage. It is a custom PCB, so theoretically you could get a universal GPU block and try to find something to cool the VRAM. Or, just get a reference 7970, and you could watercool it and be able to overclock it to the max.

+1 this basically afaik

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Unless you know for sure you'll need it, go for a 7950. 10-15% less performance for $100 less.

Need I mention the two cards are pretty similar in performance when overclocked?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

www.coolingconfigurator.com

It gives you a list of all the current cards and tells you which ones are reference.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

That amount of VRAM will be useless unless you plan to run lots of displays with high resolutions. Like 2560x1600 high. Or if you plan to at least play Max Payne 3 across three displays @ 2560x1600 each.

Dual 2560x1440 my friend just something I love to do.

www.coolingconfigurator.com

It gives you a list of all the current cards and tells you which ones are reference.

Thank you for your help

Unless you know for sure you'll need it, go for a 7950. 10-15% less performance for $100 less.

Need I mention the two cards are pretty similar in performance when overclocked?

Yeah I kinda thought about that so yea I do like saving money so I gone with 2 when I know its good to go and I know the things I need to know.

Well I be damn theres no EK block that fits to the card I guess I would just have to wait for a block for the 780.