Kaspersky Internet Security Uninstall Issue

MagicBinaryCode

I'll start this out on a good note by saying I really liked kaspersky while it worked, but the renewal price was ridiculous and I decided to use avast. Anyway, I downloaded avast and then exited kaspersky and proceded with the install. I then rebooted my PC and tried to launch avast, but it appeared to be broken; and this is where all of my problems started.

So I then contacted kaspersky support to try to find the best way of uninstall the program. They pointed me to kavremover which has to be downloaded and then ran in safe mode. I managed to get into safe mode and run the program. The computer would no longer boot. I probably spent an hour trying to do a system restore that would work.

So finally after numerous system restores, I booted into windows and the keyboard doesn't work anymore (I still have full control over my other USB devices). I tried other usb ports and then other keyboards and even a PS/2 keyboard! Still, none of them work. The virtual keyboard works, though.

I honestly don't have a clue what's happening and I haven't gotten any help whatsoever from kaspersky. Their text chat with me basically said "your issue is too complicated, we cannot help you" and I read a forum post that said "it could be other programs, so it's not really our problem".

So, does anyone know how to fix this?

(I am using windows 7)

Main PC:  CPU - i7-4770k @ 4.2Ghz   Motherboard - MSI MPOWER MAX   GPU - EVGA GTX 780 SC   RAM - 16GB 2400Mhz ADATA   PSU - Corsair RM 850   Storage - Intel 240GB SSD - OS : Samsung 1TB HDD - Games : WD 1TB  HDD - Other : Seagate 3TB HDD - Backup

Are you able to reinstall?  But yeah, this happens with allot of antiviruses, bugs happen and really bad stuff can happen too.  

This is why I recommend MSE.   

However, I would think its another program, a driver or something is interfering, or the kaspersky files got corrupt or whatever.  

Are you able to reinstall?  But yeah, this happens with allot of antiviruses, bugs happen and really bad stuff can happen.

I have heard of using the disc as a "rescue disc" of some sorts. Apparently the uninstall can delete how keyboards function in the registry.

Main PC:  CPU - i7-4770k @ 4.2Ghz   Motherboard - MSI MPOWER MAX   GPU - EVGA GTX 780 SC   RAM - 16GB 2400Mhz ADATA   PSU - Corsair RM 850   Storage - Intel 240GB SSD - OS : Samsung 1TB HDD - Games : WD 1TB  HDD - Other : Seagate 3TB HDD - Backup

I have heard of using the disc as a "rescue disc" of some sorts. Apparently the uninstall can delete how keyboards function in the registry.

I guess it could, thats the kinds of problems you can sometimes have with an antivirus that is so heavily embedded in protecting the system registry.  

The kaspersky disc is bootable as a rescue disk, its a graphical enviroment with an updater, scanner, file viewer and registry browser.