Looking for some help with my moto G, new ROM? or something.

rhavimarques

me and my girlfriend both bought the Moto G on the same day, same carrier, a couple months ago, but hers had some battery problems, kept turning off at full charge and whatnot, so we sent hers in for warranty repair, and it came back updated!

we were both on android 4.4.2, and now hers came back with 4.4.4, and a ton of other languages, including UK english with a very sexy google now & maps voice.

i want that!

but for some reason mine wont update, then i finally figured that they had actually changed the android system version:

mine: 173.44.18.falcon_umts.Vivo.en.BR

hers: 173.44.18.falcon_umts.en.BR

so i figured out that OTA updates are released by the carriers and i don't really feel like relying on my crappy brazilian carrier to update my moto g, especially since i heard android L is coming for it, so how do i install her system version on mine? do i have to do everything you do for a custom ROM or...?

where do i start?

Hy. Sorry for the late respond but it take a while to find your firmware file. No you don't need to do a full customrom install as we are dealing here with official updates.

So Instructions

Tools:

Fastboot for flashing and batch for moto g: https://mega.co.nz/#!5cJmAJYS!WfzWBNETpuj4OgNt15MJBskVE9TvnTYXR1Q_KJGXVO8

Firmware http://sbf.droid-developers.org/download.php?device=14&file=827 (Extract

ADB Drivers/Device Manager if needed http://dottech.org/26188/usb-adb-and-fastboot-drivers-for-windows-for-all-android-phones/#all

1. Extract the FastbootTool in C:\Fastboot and place the firmwarefiles in the Fastboot / ADB folder. This might look messy.

uEKvQdB.jpg

2. Open you phone and go to settings.

3. Doubletab the Android Version in About this phone. You should now be in the DevTools menu. This might differ. Some phones have an extra menupoint for this and some not.

4. Swipe "Enable Dev Tools" to the right and select usb debugging.

5. Turn off your phone by removing the battery and reapply the battery.

6. On your computer go back to the ADB folder 

7. Connect the phone in fastboot mode. Which means hold Vol - and then connect it while the phone is turned off. It this won't show up in devices try with Vol +

Don't hit buttons. Wait for fastboot drivers to be installed. If they can't be found turn on your phone. Connect to pc and wait for adb device to be installed then retry. Also it could be that I linked the wrong fastboot drivers. However google how to make fastboot work on the moto g.

8. Once you got fastboot execute this batch in the fastbootfolder. FlashinitMoto.bat

Don't plug the usb while flashing or you end in a bricked device! It will say DONE! and asks for hitting enter when done.

9. Phone should reboot with new firmware :)

For paranoids I included the code down below or look into it. No iffy code just flashinstructions for the fastboot tool.

@[member=Echo] Moto droid flash PLEASE HIT ENTER  ~c3p0 for LTT@[member=Pausecafet]fastboot.exe flash partition gpt.binfastboot.exe flash motoboot motoboot.imgfastboot.exe flash logo logo.binfastboot.exe flash boot boot.imgfastboot.exe flash recovery recovery.imgfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0fastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1fastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2fastboot.exe flash modem NON-HLOS.binfastboot.exe erase modemst1fastboot.exe erase modemst2fastboot.exe flash fsg fsg.mbnfastboot.exe erase cachefastboot.exe erase userdatafastboot.exe reboot@[member=Echo] DONE! HIT ENTER@[member=Pausecafet]exit

Bye LTT. That was an interesting journey on this board. At least here you see how not to do it. I'll go shaking my head about this place.