DogeCoin Mining Guide (Specific)

To start off, I just want to say that I know that there's already a thread about mining scrypt-based currencies. I didn't find it specific/helpful enough to actually use it, so... into the specifics :) If this thread counts as a "re-post", I will take it down :).

STEP 1: Your Wallet

You need to be able to keep track and store all of your dogecoins, as with any other virtual currency. The easy way to do this is to go to dogecoin.com and select whatever platform you use  to view your different wallet options. Your best bet is Dogecoin Core. Open it up and wait for it to update with all of the transactions that have happened over time.

STEP 2: Signing up for a pool

You don't have to wait for your wallet to start on the next steps. The next step in mining for dogecoins is to sign up for a pool. Pools are groups of computers that work together on each block to speed along the process. While you can mine alone, it takes a lot long than teaming up with people and splitting up the rewards.

A great pool, and the one that I use is Dogepool. Head to dogepool.net and hit sign up on the left. Enter in all of your information, and you'll be brought to your dashboard, where you can see all of your stats. Click on My Workers on the left sidebar, and create a new worker. It's password doesn't matter, as anyone who uses it will be mining for you :).

STEP 3: Setting up CGMiner

One of the best and most popular scrypt miners is cgminer. You can google and download that latest version, but GPU mining support was removed after v3.7.2. So, you want to use v3.7.2 http://k-dev.net/cgminer/. Once it's downloaded, you want to open up example.conf.

Delete everything until it looks something like this:

{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://pool.dogepool.net:4444",
"user" : "login.worker",
"pass" : "password"
}
],
"scrypt" : true,
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}

Change "login.worker" to your login username.worker name. Change password to your worker's password. You can  also check to make sure that your using the proper URL. Head to Getting Started on the left sidebar.

When your done, rename the file to cgminer.conf.

STEP 4: Properly running cgminer

You need to Properly run cgminer, or else it won't know what to do. In notepad, create a new file called cgminer.bat and paste this into it:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

cgminer.exe

But it doesn't stop there. You need arguments (YAY!)

The first argument to use is --auto-fan this will allow cgminer to adjust fan speeds on your gpu. You can also use --gpu-fan for manual speed control.

Next is --temp-target. This is the point where your gpu can get up to specified temp before cgminer will start trying to cool it. Most gpu run best when this is set to 70-80.

Next is --temp-overheat. This is the point where cgminer will start throttling it's load on you gpu to maintain stable temperatures. I recommand setting this between 85 and 90 degrees.

Next is --temp-cutoff. This is the point where cgminer will shut down completely to save you components. Set this is 95.

Next is -w and -g. -w will adjust your maximum workload size. Most people set this to 265. -g is how many of those workloads to handle at once. I recommend 2.

The second to last argument is -I (Capital i). This adjust intensity. You can set this from 1 up to 20, but I recommend 10-16.

--thread-concurrency is the last argument. It can be set from 2 to 25000. It's recommended that you set somewhere between 15000 to 25000. Adjust it as necessary.

If you found this guide helpful, please drop a like and if you want more information about this, go to http://www.minedogecoin.com/an-advanced-guide-to-mining-dogecoin-with-cgminer/

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

10k doge is worth like $2

I'm pretty sure you can get at least a stick of liquorice for that much.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I'm pretty sure you can get at least a stick of liquorice for that much.

I have a feeling we'd get on IRL, only caveat would be that I'd have to keep showing you gifs on a tablet or something otherwise I'd explode.

This thread shall not be derailed, I am terrible for doing that.

Nice guide, but it's far to late. Scrypt mining on GPUs is over. I could get the same output from my 50 GPU farm as I can with a $750 asic.

Mining itself is still alive and well, just not scrypt on GPU.

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

Is Dogecoin still a thing? 

Doesn't matter what the state of dogecoin is. This is a scrypt mining guide. It applies to all scrypt based coins. There are other, more profitable scrypt coins to mine than doge http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency Other algorithms can offer higher profits.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Nice guide, but it's far to late. Scrypt mining on GPUs is over. I could get the same output from my 50 GPU farm as I can with a $750 asic.

Too*

In regards to the OP, consider using Sgminer, it's based off cgminer but a continuation of scrypt, and other algorithm support. There's also the option to running PiMP  (Portable Instant Mining Platform) you might find better performance from your miners when using a dedicated OS.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Wow, such coin. I had no idea people still mined doge

Is it even remotely profitable or worth it? It seems to have almost 0 value right now

I am terrible

True Dat  :ph34r:

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

well this is just something for funsies i guess, people who leave their PC's on overnight etc and they want to give it something to do. not everyone wants to spend $750 on something that can only perform 1 task

well this is just something for funsies i guess, people who leave their PC's on overnight etc and they want to give it something to do. not everyone wants to spend $750 on something that can only perform 1 task

To be clear, nobody needs to spend a certain amount of money to be able to mine, that just related to my personal setup. You might as well switch to other algorithms or just run Folding@home as opposed to mining doge  on GPUs. I can't even give doge away apparently LOL.

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

Imo Scrypt and SHA-256 is gone for even a huge amount of GPUs, the only decent algos atm imo are X11 and Scrypt-N. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!