Nexus 5(32GB) vs Oppo Find 7(Standard)

RazeG3SG1

Discuss! I'm getting a new phone this week to replace my Galaxy S4. I don't really care about SD but I do care for battery life. Which of this phone is easier to root? Also, I have heard issues about Find 7 only limits a 3GB storage for apps, is it true?

I asked my friend (NaterTots on IRC - Freenode, #aospa) about his OPO. He doesn't have a Find 7, but in theory, they should be at least similar.

<gnosticJade> NaterTots, are you around?
<NaterTots> Hi:-)
<gnosticJade> Per chance have an answer to this? It's regarding an Oppo device. 
<gnosticJade> tldr: I'd assume they're similar so :P
<gnosticJade> I can post a response if you don't want to make an account, blah blah.
<NaterTots> gnosticJade, I don't know anything about the find 7
<gnosticJade> Sure, but the OPO and Find 7 have to be at least similar.
<NaterTots> I'd go Nexus 5 at that point
<NaterTots> Well, it's tough to get the Opo
<NaterTots> And the Opo doesn't limit space for appa

I asked my friend (NaterTots on IRC - Freenode, #aospa) about his OPO. He doesn't have a Find 7, but in theory, they should be at least similar.

Thanks, but I really need to know from a Find 7 user as I have quite some games which I'm afraid that there will be an app storage limit. I'm not swayed to either one of them yet as of now...

wait whoa your friend works on Paranoid Android?

I personally would go Nexus 5 mainly because it's actually on Kitkat unlike the Find 7.

wait whoa your friend works on Paranoid Android?

NaterTots does not. In that channel, there are two people (Pirateghost - he maintains their site and download servers, and sigv, who worked on the OTA app for a while and moved on to other things now.) I'd call sigv a friend, pirateghost doesn't speak much. Definitely should join if you're ever confused about something regarding PA :)

NaterTots does not. In that channel, there are two people (Pirateghost - he maintains their site and download servers, and sigv, who worked on the OTA app for a while and moved on to other things now.) I'd call sigv a friend, pirateghost doesn't speak much. Definitely should join if you're ever confused about something regarding PA :)

I'd probably just vent my rage over their slow development times and their decisions regarding development :P

I personally would go Nexus 5 mainly because it's actually on Kitkat unlike the Find 7.

Find 7 is more appealing to me due to the removable batt and SD. But the potential 3GB non-unified app storage is a major turn off for me. Still finding if it has been fixed though...

Find 7 is more appealing to me due to the removable batt and SD. But the potential 3GB non-unified app storage is a major turn off for me. Still finding if it has been fixed though...

re-partitioning an SD card is risky.

re-partitioning an SD card is risky.

I'm not talking about re partitioning the SD, but the onboard storage. It seems that the only fix is by installing a custom ROM, but there is no stable release on Cyanogenmod. Wish to get One plus one, but it is impossible to even get it in my country. =(

I'm not talking about re partitioning the SD, but the onboard storage. It seems that the only fix is by installing a custom ROM, but there is no stable release on Cyanogenmod =(

it's been around a month since the device came out so they should be relatively stable. BTW I meant onboard storage when I said SD card.

it's been around a month since the device came out so they should be relatively stable. BTW I meant onboard storage when I said SD card.

I would never dare to install a nightly on any phone. Bricked my S4 before for doing that. Or maybe there is other stable AOSP rom available?

I would never dare to install a nightly on any phone. Bricked my S4 before for doing that. Or maybe there is other stable AOSP rom available?

ParanoidAndroid is technically AOSP.

ParanoidAndroid is technically AOSP.

I never tried paranoid before, I'm pretty much a noob at flashing roms. Time to do research I suppose. 

must have been your own fault considering that 

1. all bricks are software bricks in this day and age, so you could have fixed it with the know-how

2. no nightly would brick your phone if it was truly an official nightly.