OpenCL C++

Netto

I am beginning research at my university on FPGA acceleration, but I can't seem to find OpenCL 101 type of tutorials. Most of the guides I found were very complicated. Does anyone have experience in this field that would be able to point me in the right direction?

i cant personally help, but if you find anything please send it my way. i was trying to work with openCL at one point as well but couldnt find anything that wasnt the openCL documentation which was to technical for me. now look up CUDA and you find a ton of examples.

So the inherit problem is that OpenCL (from my understanding) actually is a language in of itself...that means to use it in C++ you will actually be needing to write in OpenCL as well as C++.  A word of warning though, OpenCL isn't exactly simple, and in my opinion is a bit convoluted compared to Cuda.

Actually just to bring up a few concerns I have with OpenCL.  OpenCL you can't protect your source code as well (You can obscure your code, but any OpenCL code ultimately comes down to being in plain text before being sent to the graphics card...so there will always be a way to get back the code)

With all that said, you could try this http://www.gaalop.de/wp-content/uploads/Introduction_to_OpenCL_Programming-201005.pdf

Around page 40 *around there I forgot to mark the page* they start talking about a hello world example and give the code for it...but I don't think you can get too much simpler than that to be honest (If you find a better tutorial that is simpler let me know...I haven't bothered to really learn OpenCL, but it would still be handy)

0b10111010 10101101 11110000 00001101