Fail!

RightfulNerd

So yeah I've failed university studying games technology do I retake my first year?

if you enjoy it and feel its the right subject yes

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

So yeah I've failed university studying games technology do I retake my first year?

lol, why did you fail? 

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

If you think you're capable of completing the course and you enjoy it then go for it.  Do you still get Student Finance if you retake though?

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Yes I still get student finance and had family complications which made this year very difficult but enjoyed the course

Yes I still get student finance and had family complications which made this year very difficult but enjoyed the course

then do it. all you have to lose is another year, which in the long run won't make a big difference

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

well i get your situation since i also failed my last years of college because i was to friendly to the principals daughter :P so if you think about it long and deeply and come to the conclusion that it is really what you wanna do and you are certain that you can do it for sure a second time around then go for it but you need to make sure you dont loose your target. get your ass together and study your ass off if you have to. 

for me i was perfectly good ind all the subjects but one. i mean i had As on every exam without laerning too much and rarely attending class so there was nothing much they could do but this one class really fucked me up since i was barely there and the exams where less about the topic itself but more specificly about the examples they discussed in class so i was pretty srewed. now normaly this isnt a issue when the rest is perfect but like i said i also srewed around with the profs daughter and so the prof really didnt take kindly on me. i retook the year and made sure i A'sed her course exams so there was nothing she could do no matter how much she hated me.

but thats just my story as said before you need to evaluate how much you want it and if you are willing to work as hard as you need to reach your goal

PS: Im still casually seeing her :D i fear her moms gonna shoot me one day or run me over or something :/

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

If you're still able to get Student Finance for it then I'd take the course again.  You'll be at an advantage over those who are in your year as you've already been taught the syllabus so it shouldn't be as difficult.

all you have to lose is another year

And a lot of money...

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

And a lot of money...

she said she is still getting student finance, so money is less of a concern, if any.

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

she said she is still getting student finance, so money is less of a concern, if any.

Pretty sure it's a guy, and you still have to pay back all the money from the loan they give you with interest.

Pretty sure it's a guy, and you still have to pay back all the money from the loan they give you with interest.

tbh. I didn't look much into the concept of student finance. College in Germany is nowhere nearly as expensive as in the UK or US. Still though, if he/she likes the subject and thinks he/she failed because of his/her private life rather than not being motivated enough, I think re-taking the course is the right choice. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

tbh. I didn't look much into the concept of student finance. College in Germany is nowhere nearly as expensive as in the UK or US. Still though, if he/she likes the subject and thinks he/she failed because of his/her private life rather than not being motivated enough, I think re-taking the course is the right choice. 

I agree, it seems sensible to take the year again if those are the circumstances.  The course I'm starting in a few weeks is going to cost more than £16,000 a year so OP should keep how much money it's going to cost in mind.

Its interest free and only pay back a small amount every month depending on what you earn and you dont pay anything till you earn over £21k a year.

well i get your situation since i also failed my last years of college because i was to friendly to the principals daughter :P so if you think about it long and deeply and come to the conclusion that it is really what you wanna do and you are certain that you can do it for sure a second time around then go for it but you need to make sure you dont loose your target. get your ass together and study your ass off if you have to. 

for me i was perfectly good ind all the subjects but one. i mean i had As on every exam without laerning too much and rarely attending class so there was nothing much they could do but this one class really fucked me up since i was barely there and the exams where less about the topic itself but more specificly about the examples they discussed in class so i was pretty srewed. now normaly this isnt a issue when the rest is perfect but like i said i also srewed around with the profs daughter and so the prof really didnt take kindly on me. i retook the year and made sure i A'sed her course exams so there was nothing she could do no matter how much she hated me.

but thats just my story as said before you need to evaluate how much you want it and if you are willing to work as hard as you need to reach your goal

PS: Im still casually seeing her :D i fear her moms gonna shoot me one day or run me over or something :/

Thanks for the advice dude seeing a student advisor tomorrow going to take it from there :)

Its interest free and only pay back a small amount every month depending on what you earn and you dont pay anything till you earn over £21k a year.

You do pay interest: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/repayments and when you finish University you should be going in to a job that pays more than £21,000 a year so you'll start making repayments almost immediately, they are very small though.

You do pay interest: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/repayments here is a repayment calculator: http://www.studentfinance.direct.gov.uk/scheme/dgv/pws/repayment-calculator.html . When you finish University you should be going in to a job that pays more than £21,000 a year so you'll start making repayments almost immediately, they are very small though.

My bad its 3% i get so confused by it all as im the first in my family to goto uni ive got nobody to help me through it 

My bad its 3% i get so confused by it all as im the first in my family to goto uni ive got nobody to help me through it 

There are usually loads of staff at University that are dedicated to helping students through it, I read you are seeing an advisor soon which is a good idea.  The repayments can be quite large for tuition fees and student loans though, these are mine:

egiJe4G.png

Thanks for the advice dude seeing a student advisor tomorrow going to take it from there :)

thats good but keep in mind those people have their own reasons for example my student advisor obviously tried to convince me to leave and discouraged me like im an idiot of no hopes to comlete that school so i acted against all odds and won seeing as i now do reasonably well as a softwaredeveloper. i feel like i really stuck it too those fucks but yours off course can be different all im saying is that you should question their motives for suggesting you something. why are people saying/doing what they do is an essential question you should always keep in mind. i mean doctors will always try to sell you some meds and psychologists will always advice more hours to talk and so on so peoples reason to suggest you anything is very important in how you have to evaluate their suggestions

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

There are usually loads of staff at University that are dedicated to helping students through it, I read you are seeing an advisor soon which is a good idea.  The repayments can be quite large for tuition fees and student loans though, these are mine:

I Have a really important question how does this loan work once the loan is payd is that it or is it just you repay constantly for 30 years no matter how much you pay back for example can you pay more than you borrowed including interest 

I Have a really important question how does this loan work once the loan is payd is that it or is it just you repay constantly for 30 years no matter how much you pay back for example can you pay more than you borrowed including interest 

You stop paying as soon as you've reached the amount you owe.  You can pay more than the minimum monthly amount so you pay it off faster and don't have to pay as much through interest.  After 30 years if you haven't paid it all then your debt gets cleared.