New SSD and MB - Times have changed

Hey guys,

i wasn't quite sure where to post this topic,, howeveeer I came to ´the motherboard & memory section at last.

I will make it quick,, a new 840 Evo 250 GB + Gigabyte Z87X-D3H Motherboard behave weird.

Well, I know... so please let me explain.

I was using 2 old HDD before, which have Windows 8 with classic shell installed on them, however as I once "Migrated" the Os from one to another HDD (the bigger one)  boot times have significantly increased. But not in a longer loading screen or any other normal behaviour, as far as I know. 

From then on whenever I boot up to this OS (only OS installed) a white blinking bar appears in the upper left corner, which usually should disappear quickly and lead into the windows loading screen. But the weird part is, the blinking bar [bios <- ?] doesn't disappear as fast as usual with this Os install, however behaves normal with antoher OS. 

And as I migrated the OS to my new SSD [which I am glad you guys pushed me to buy, because.. you know .. it's fast] the time with the bios "searching" for the boot data adds up onto the normal boot time.

Does anybody know how I can fix this problem without reinstalling the OS ?

As always my thanks in advance and sorry for my lack of experience in the english language.

Do a proper OS reinstall on your new drive. That should fix the problem. Use your old one for storing stuff you want to keep.

Hey guys,

You made my brain hurt just reading the post.

To answer your question,  It is probably your older HDD's causing this.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

You made my brain hurt just reading the post.

To answer your question,  It is probably your older HDD's causing this.

I am sorry, I know my sentences are aweful to read ...

Anyways, thank you for the advice.