Ram Usage While Browsing (Continued)

ddbtkd456

So there was a post a while back ago about how people can use 6 gb of ram for browsering alone...I tried it today...my laptop only has 4gb of ram...

4 Youtube tabs

12 Linus Tech Forum taps

10 Torrentz tabs

Anti-virus running in the bg (TrendMicro

Mediamonkey open encoding music

and random other things...

3.6 gigs used...

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Are you using Chrome?

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Are you using Chrome?

Nope Firefox...because I believe it is alot more secure and stable vs. Chrome..tho I do like Chrome better.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Nope Firefox...because I believe it is alot more secure and stable vs. Chrome..tho I do like Chrome better.

Well thats the issue. Chrome is a hardware hog...

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Well thats the issue. Chrome is a hardware hog...

Would running x64 windows also be another reason since it processes twice as many processes? I mean even on my dual core phone firefox runs so much faster then the default chrome.

Use Chrome and report back. I'm using Chrome with, 2 LTT tabs, 3 YT tabs and a Spotify tab with a few other things and I'm at 5GBs of RAMs usage.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

This is kinda disturbing actually...so I closed out of a few tabs so it would be easier to duplicate them across browsers and here are the results...both have the same tabs open on the same laptop..

Chrome:

post-88789-0-02331700-1407100553_thumb.j

Firefox:

post-88789-0-48645200-1407100580_thumb.j

So take with a grain of salt to say that Chrome is worse then Firefox...chrome is actually lighter on a systems RAM then firefox is...but I still feel Firefox is more stable.

It's not a problem at all, Its the worst thing when a browser is neglectant to use more ram and then ends up reloading the page every time you switch tabs.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

It's not a problem at all, Its the worst thing when a browser is neglectant to use more ram and then ends up reloading the page every time you switch tabs.

That's what my phone does -.- but I was actually surprised cause most of the time I have like 20+ tabs open and I always felt Firefox handled it better then Chrome...but according to Win 7 task manager Chrome actually takes a lighter blow on the system ram. And no its not a bad thing.

So there was a post a while back ago about how people can use 6 gb of ram for browsering alone...I tried it today...my laptop only has 4gb of ram...

4 Youtube tabs

12 Linus Tech Forum taps

10 Torrentz tabs

Anti-virus running in the bg (TrendMicro

Mediamonkey open encoding music

and random other things...

3.6 gigs used...

For one thing, some people have a lot more YouTube tabs open at once. Myself for example. I like to go into my sub feed and open all the videos I'm going to watch at once, so I can quickly switch between them.

Total memory usage: 5.6 GB (Out of 16 GB)

Chrome usage: Approximately 2.6 GB.

I currently have 10 YT tabs open, but that number can sometimes be upwards of 15+ if there are a lot of short videos in my YT sub feed on a particular day.

I haven't actually tested how FF would do in the same situation though.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

For one thing, some people have a lot more YouTube tabs open at once. Myself for example. I like to go into my sub feed and open all the videos I'm going to watch at once, so I can quickly switch between them.

Total memory usage: 5.6 GB (Out of 16 GB)

Chrome usage: Approximately 2.6 GB.

I currently have 10 YT tabs open, but that number can sometimes be upwards of 15+ if there are a lot of short videos in my YT sub feed on a particular day.

I haven't actually tested how FF would do in the same situation though.

Ah but if the tabs were the same chrome would use less based on the results my research has yielded. In general yes the RAM usage is based on what kind of website is within the tab...however in the situation that they both have the same tabs open...chrome does better.

This is kinda disturbing actually...so I closed out of a few tabs so it would be easier to duplicate them across browsers and here are the results...both have the same tabs open on the same laptop..

Chrome:

attachicon.gifFirefox Vs. Chrome (Chrome).jpg

Firefox:

attachicon.gifFirefox Vs. Chrome (Firefox).jpg

So take with a grain of salt to say that Chrome is worse then Firefox...chrome is actually lighter on a systems RAM then firefox is...but I still feel Firefox is more stable.

Disable all extensions/plugins. I see ABP there for FF.

For me on OS X mavericks with Opera 12.x and 20 tabs open - 735MB ram with ABP enabled.

Opera 24 developer with only uBlock - 6 tabs open 470MB ram used. Basically because Cromiums engine is process per tab we get much bigger memory footprint. I think same is true for FF.