G.Skill Aries 16gb, Yay or nay

So I'm looking at a solid RAM upgrade very soon and I would like to know if the Aires is a good choice for RAM

Me? a girl? psh, don't be silly, everyone knows girls don't use computers

So I'm looking at a solid RAM upgrade very soon and I would like to know if the Aires is a good choice for RAM

Yes G-Skill a very good RAM I personally use them in all of my computers.

The Ares are lower profile RAM which is good in terms of using a big bulky CPU aircooler.

If it´s just for the color scheme you can go as well with the Ripjaws (you can get them in blue as well).

Only thing I would make sure 16 GB to have 2x8 GB in dual channel running. And please don´t buy the one with a CL11, the CL10 are fine.

Here are links to both:

Ares

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231659

Ripjaws:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231568

Oh before I forget, the clockspeeds of the Ripjaws might be lower but when it comes to DDR3 1600mHz just fine for gaming and you will not really feel to much of a difference. If you use the machine as well for rendering/editing you might benefit from a higher clocked RAM.

Hope this helps you a bit.

GreetZ Naj

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Everytime I see 16GB DDR3 kits posted, I always cringe on the inside at the price tag compared to what I paid for.

af76616ce2a47e9be8a5ec4487370b4f.png

Everytime I see 16GB DDR3 kits posted, I always cringe on the inside at the price tag compared to what I paid for.

af76616ce2a47e9be8a5ec4487370b4f.png

And your qualified answer helps with what again in this thread? Don´t get me wrong if the price you paid makes you happy this is a good thing I guess.

RAM prices are higher than they used to be in 2013 due to the fact of that big fire that burned down a whole facility and that they reduced the production.

Your RAM kit is now at this price:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226382&cm_re=mushkin_enhanced-_-20-226-382-_-Product

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

And your qualified answer helps with what again in this thread? Don´t get me wrong if the price you paid makes you happy this is a good thing I guess.

RAM prices are higher than they used to be in 2013 due to the fact of that big fire that burned down a whole facility and that they reduced the production.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226382&cm_re=mushkin_enhanced-_-20-226-382-_-Product

I already knew that, it's why I said I cringed, duh. 170usd, those kits you linked wouldn't be more than 130ish for the higher tier kit. Ram prices today suck.

I've helped an Aussie friend pick up some G.Skill ram not too long ago so don't get me wrong. I think he ended up going with the Ripjaws kit because of price.

I already knew that, it's why I said I cringed, duh. 170usd, those kits you linked wouldn't be more than 130ish for the higher tier kit. Ram prices today suck.

I've helped an Aussie friend pick up some G.Skill ram not too long ago so don't get me wrong. I think he ended up going with the Ripjaws kit because of price.

Yeah they really suck kind of... but wait a few weeks when DDR4 is going to be released... I´ve read that 4 GB DDR4 2133mHz will be around 100 USD...

I cringe seeing what you paid!

3KivK1a.png

That's in Canadian dollars, by the way.

On topic, G.Skill makes great ram modules. I started with my 16GB kit of ripjaws X and haven;t bought from any other manufacturer since. I've never had a problem and they're usually within 3-4$ of the cheapest ram kits (that are usually 1333MHz, 1.65v with a horrible cas) and they look damn nice. Get those ares! You won't be disappointed.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

I cringe seeing what you paid!

3KivK1a.png

That's in Canadian dollars, by the way.

On topic, G.Skill makes great ram modules. I started with my 16GB kit of ripjaws X and haven;t bought from any other manufacturer since. I've never had a problem and they're usually within 3-4$ of the cheapest ram kits (that are usually 1333MHz, 1.65v with a horrible cas) and they look damn nice. Get those ares! You won't be disappointed.

As I was just posting from NewEgg real quick doesn´t mean that I bought these RAM. In my profile you can see that I use G-Skill Trident X 2x8 GB dual channel 2400 mHz... and btw I am the wrong person to talk to when it comes to cost ;), I don´t have a budget.

Budget isn't an issue but my colour scheme is blue, black and white. If ddr4 comes out wouldn't I need to get a specific mother board as well?

Me? a girl? psh, don't be silly, everyone knows girls don't use computers

Budget isn't an issue but my colour scheme is blue, black and white. If ddr4 comes out wouldn't I need to get a specific mother board as well?

Yes you would need another board. DDR4 will be only working with X99 Wellsburg chipset for Intel´s new Haswell E CPUs in the first place. Later in 2015 with Intel´s Broadwell release DDR4 will become available to consumer grade boards.

I m using Gskill ripjawX 16 gbs (2x8gbs) 1866mhz. Had to RMA them after a month. Got bsod's & ran windows memory diagnostic (failed). Good company replaced with in 1 week (shipped from msi in california). Nice warranty & customer service (reply to emails all with in 2 hours). Xmp memory profiles work well with them.

[spoiler=Gaming Desktop ◣_◢ ] CPU: Amd FX8320 8core@4.4Ghz oc Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ (Artic Silver 5 Goo) Mobo: Gigabyte 970A-D3P am3/am3+ RAM: Gskill RipjawsX 16gbs ddr3(2x8gb) 1866mhz GPU: MSI R7870-2GD5T/oc 17.5% 1175core 1450mem Hdd: Sandisk 128Gb ssd boot drive, 2x1Tb Hitachi 7200rpm hdd, 2Tb WD MyBook 7200rpm external hdd PSU: Rosewill Hive 650W 80+Bronze full Modular Case: Rosewill Challenger USB3.0v Mid-tower OS: W7 64bit Hp Keyboard:MS sidewinder 6x,Logitech K400 wireless Mouse:Logitech 318e Controller:xbox360 wired Monitor:23" Dell 1080p 60Hz LED-backlit LCD, 50" Sceptre 1080p 60Hz LED HDTVHeadphones:Turtlebeach X12 Speakers: Dell AX210 USB [spoiler=Workstation - retiring soon _ ]CPU: Amd 645 4core@3.1Ghz Mobo: ASRock A785GM-LE am3 RAM: Corsair 8gbs ddr3(4x2gb) 1333mhz GPU: XFX HD 5570 1gb ddr3 650core 900mem Hdd:1Tb Hitachi 7200rpm hdd  PSU: Antec BP350 350w

Case: DIYPC FM08-Blue2 Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case OS: W7 64bit Hp [spoiler=Gaming Laptop ಠ_ಠ ] CPU: Intel I7- 4700hq 4core@2.4Ghz 3.4Ghz turbo  Model: MSI GE Series GE60 Apache Pro-003 Gaming Laptop RAM: Corsair 8gbs ddr3 (1x8gbs)1600mhz GPU: NVIDIA GTX 860M 2gbs gddr5 1029core 1253mem

Hdd: 1Tb WD 7200rpm hdd OS: W8.1 64bit Keyboard: Steel Series Gaming Backlit 102 keys Monitor: 15.6" LCD eDP Wide View Angle Headphones:Turtlebeach X12 Speakers: 4 x Speakers (2W)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

ouch