BEST MOBO FOR 4790K?

I'm looking for a really good motherboard. I'm quite new into PC. So I wanna know bout the differences Z97, Z87& X79.
Do people nowadays use LGA1150? What bout LGA 2011? What's the best Intel processor for LGA 2011?  :o

post-109611-0-61264200-1407016255_thumb.

@Marzee

What is the computer being used for?

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Well, I believe the Z series is based on overclocking and the different types of Z chipsets are to be fully optimised for the type of processor. E.g. Devils Canyon = optimised for Z97. There are some other benefits, but this is the main one. Also Z97 is going to be optimised for the upcoming Broadwell processors, so is a great investment all around. Also, a lot of people use LGA1150 nowadays, especially for budget builds, and it fantastic but only supports up to 4 cores. However, LGA2011 is a lot better if you're doing VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY hardcore gaming or CPU demanding tasks, as I believe it can take up to 8 cores (at least that's what the best processor for it has), and is mostly used for video production, but is not needed for gaming at all. The best all around processor is a LGA2011 Xeon, but is not used for gaming that often, but for servers. The best gaming LGA2011 CPU will be something like an i7 4930k. Anything else?

Edit: LGA2011 is also used for CAD work, 3D modelling and servers. If you want a gaming pc, go with LGA1150 and an i5-4690k if you don't need hyper threading, or if you do, go with an i7 4790k. LGA2011 is something I cannot reccomend, unless you need the things I mentioned.

A 4790k is a socket 1150, so you have to use either a Z87 or Z97 board for it. X79 boards are for the 2011 socket. I have a 4790 and am using an ASUS Maximus VII Hero, and it's got a lot of nice settings for overclocking and it's got a red and black color scheme with red LCD's. Nice board, and cost is around $200.

@Marzee

What is the computer being used for?

Hardcore gaming i suppose.

What's your budget?

About RM10,000 / 3000USD. Here's another question when should i build? Any new stuffs comming out end of this year? I'm building it maybe end of this year or Jan 2015

Hardcore gaming i suppose.

The Asus maximus hero would be perfect! Freaking awesome motherboard.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Well, I believe the Z series is based on overclocking and the different types of Z chipsets are to be fully optimised for the type of processor. E.g. Devils Canyon = optimised for Z97. There are some other benefits, but this is the main one. Also Z97 is going to be optimised for the upcoming Broadwell processors, so is a great investment all around. Also, a lot of people use LGA1150 nowadays, especially for budget builds, and it fantastic but only supports up to 4 cores. However, LGA2011 is a lot better if you're doing VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY hardcore gaming or CPU demanding tasks, as I believe it can take up to 8 cores (at least that's what the best processor for it has), and is mostly used for video production, but is not needed for gaming at all. The best all around processor is a LGA2011 Xeon, but is not used for gaming that often, but for servers. The best gaming LGA2011 CPU will be something like an i7 4930k. Anything else?

Edit: LGA2011 is also used for CAD work, 3D modelling and servers. If you want a gaming pc, go with LGA1150 and an i5-4690k if you don't need hyper threading, or if you do, go with an i7 4790k. LGA2011 is something I cannot reccomend, unless you need the things I mentioned.

Very well explained. Thanks a lot. Which mobo you personally like for the i7-4790k?

Very well explained. Thanks a lot. Which mobo you personally like for the i7-4790k?

Get one with a Z97 Chipset and all the features you want. The cheapest (in the UK) Z97 motherboard is the MSI Z97 Pc Mate.

When looking for a motherboard, however, look for these 3 brands ONLY:

1. MSI

2. GIGABYTE

3. ASUS

Once again, if you need SLI, look for the cheapest with SLI. If you need crossfire, then the MSI Z97 PC Mate will be good, even if you don't need any of those the Z97 PC MATE should be good. I'd recommend looking at PCPartPicker, even if it's not available for your currency, as it's great for looking up motherboards with specific features.

I'd go with asus they're very noob friendly are outstanding in build quality and chipsets,the higher the better so z77<z87<z97 the difference is a newer chipset and usually the latest (and better)hardware(at the same price point) from the manufacturer also i'd recommend the maximus VII formula 

I would get the ASUS Maximus VII Hero, one of the best boards out there.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

I'd wait till the 880 comes out, I'd go with a 880 4790k and Asus Maximus VII hero mobo.

2011 sockets, it's probably 4930k or 4960k if you're looking above that 4790k, you shouldn't get them unless you render/edit alot

Emmh... Maybe consider killing yourself before you talk to me?

Pople on this forum though some of them had a brain, turns out, no.