Samsung 840 Evo 1TB $389.99

mvitkun

The Samsung 840 Evo 1TB 2.5" drive is available at Newegg for $469.99, and using the offer code below you can lower the price by $80.

EMCPBPH33
Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I badly want this, but I think I am going to wait for the 2 TB version to be released.  I want to avoid putting more than one drive in my system if at all possible.

Edit:  Why, you might ask?  Most PC games by default install to the C: drive.  This means that the save directory is dependent on the game being on that particular drive.  If the save is not on the C: drive, more often than not, the game will not locate your save data.  What's worse is that many games do not have the option to browse for this data.  The only instance that this is not an issue is when the game in question supports Steam Cloud.

I had this type of issue with Max Payne 3 when trying to install my Intel 520 SSD (which I eventually sent back due to the drive being faulty).  Rather than wait for the new drive, I just decided to use the mechanical until SSD technology matures.

Edited by Michael McAllister

My PC specifications are in my profile.

Edit:  Why, you might ask?  Most PC games by default install to the C: drive.  This means that the save directory is dependent on the game being on that particular drive.  If the save is not on the C: drive, more often than not, the game will not locate your save data.  What's worse is that many games do not have the option to browse for this data.  The only instance that this is not an issue is when the game in question supports Steam Cloud.

No... Thats bull... I have 3 drives... All of my games go on my D or E Drive and I've never had an issue like that.

Id love to get one....but I just can't rationalize the extra $250 especially since it will only speed up load times...

Ugh I wish ssds would have hdd prices already.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

No... Thats bull... I have 3 drives... All of my games go on my D or E Drive and I've never had an issue like that.

He is talking about the literal save files for games

My rig: Case: Cooler master storm scout

CPU: I5 3570k - Ram:  8Gb Kingston HyperX Blu

GPU: GTX 660 - Sorage: 2-1TB WD black;  120 GB samsung 840

Id love to get one....but I just can't rationalize the extra $250 especially since it will only speed up load times...

Ugh I wish ssds would have hdd prices already.

well!! right now segate is ready to release 6tb hdd's so it's going to take an awful long time before dirt cheap super high capacity ssd completely replace our good'ol spinners

well!! right now segate is ready to release 6tb hdd's so it's going to take an awful long time before dirt cheap super high capacity ssd completely replace our good'ol spinners

I don't care about super high capacity drives... I just want a 1tb ssd. I mean...I'd also like to replace my 4th hdd video storage drive with an ssd but...meh

All I really want is a 1tb ssd for like $100~.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I badly want this, but I think I am going to wait for the 2 TB version to be released.  I want to avoid putting more than one drive in my system if at all possible.

I had this type of issue with Max Payne 3 when trying to install my Intel 520 SSD (which I eventually sent back due to the drive being faulty).  Rather than wait for the new drive, I just decided to use the mechanical until SSD technology matures.

I have never had an issue like this, Every single one of my games with steam is automatically saved to my HDD. All you have to do is change the install and save directories in steam before you download and install a game.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I have never had an issue like this, Every single one of my games with steam is automatically saved to my HDD. All you have to do is change the install and save directories in steam before you download and install a game.

If the game in question is not a Steam game, this is more of an issue.  More specifically, if the game uses Steam Cloud, this is pretty much never an issue.  Just follow Valve's transfer instructions, let the client rebuild itself, and you're good to go.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

I do somewhat agree. It is much simpler when you have a single drive. (it's worse when you have a tiny SSD for the OS and the rest on a large drive, as the SSD overflows)

My main PC now has just the one 512Gb ssd which is usually just around 50% full, and the majority of my large files and docs are on my server, leaving loads of room for programs and games when needed.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I will buy one of these SSDs when they cost $99 on sale for 3 TB.  Til then I will stick with hard drives.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I will buy one of these SSDs when they cost $99 on sale for 3 TB.  Til then I will stick with hard drives.

Huh? Even Hard Drives aren't that cheap?

| Intel i7 4790K @ 4.4 GHz | ASUS Z97-PRO | 16GB Kingston Beast @ 2400MHz | Sapphire AMD R9 290 TRI-X | 256GB Samsung EVO SSD & WD 2TB Black | AOC 4K Monitor 28" & BenQ 1080P 24" | Corsair Vengeance K65 | Razer Deathadder |

Languages (Who cares about spoken languages, meh.) : Java, C++, Python, Ruby, C#. | Aim: Assembly.

I have had games not even launch because they were not on the C drive. I am looking at you AC4.

My PC Spec:

CPU: Intel i7-8700k @ 3.7GHz, Motherboard: , Memory: 16gb , Storage: , Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB, Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM, Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC(x2), Case: Corsair C70 Green, Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G GOLD, Operating System: Windows 8.1, CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100, Optical Drive: LG Internal Super Multi Drive

Huh? Even Hard Drives aren't that cheap?

3 TB Seagate 7200 RPM hard drives were on sale recently multiple times for $99.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I have this exact drive as my main drive (1TB HDD for random stuff and a 512gb SSD for games) and this thing is stupid fast. I highly recommend, especially with the much better price than what I paid.

With today's technology I often wonder why we don't have colonies on the moon or Mars. Then I go to Wal Mart for 5 minutes and realize the vast majority of the human populace isn't ready for such things.

i want it but i already have a decent ssd

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

I have had games not even launch because they were not on the C drive. I am looking at you AC4.

I had AC4 on my D drive and had the saves for it on my E drive... Worked just fine.

I had AC4 on my D drive and had the saves for it on my E drive... Worked just fine.

idk what was up with it, nor did the Ubisoft help team.

My PC Spec:

CPU: Intel i7-8700k @ 3.7GHz, Motherboard: , Memory: 16gb , Storage: , Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB, Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM, Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC(x2), Case: Corsair C70 Green, Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G GOLD, Operating System: Windows 8.1, CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100, Optical Drive: LG Internal Super Multi Drive