*PRIME95 EXPERT* Bluescreen in Prime95

Go to solution Solved by BiG StroOnZ,

how do i do that? :o

Go into the Bios, look for the setting labeled "CPU Core Voltage"  Change it from Auto to Fixed. It will tell you what the voltage is currently. Raise it slightly higher than what it is at default. Clearly your motherboard is not supplying enough voltage for your stock settings. Keep raising it until P95 stops BSODing. But do so in micro increments, shouldn't take that much to fix the problem.

x101 and x124 is always voltage related 

I also agree with this, however I would also point at the 750w PSU from a brand I've never heard of. Could have heavy ripple or something on the ATX12v

I have heard some cracking noises directly from the Psu :P it has been a while now though

Have you even tried to raise the voltage yet? Your problem is a problem I've seen many times before.

So i finally found the option inside the BIOS, BUT i cant change it to fixed... Here are my options: auto,Adaptive mode, Override mode.

Override is fixed mode. What's the voltage currently running at? 

The core voltage at auto: 1.104v

Should look like this: 

2n04rig.jpg

Its gone! i can run p95 without getting BSOD immedeately :D,

So what would you reccommend i do next?

Enjoy your computer.  :P

So even though i had to amp up the voltage to get it to work properly you wont reccommend trying to get a refund? :)

So even though i had to amp up the voltage to get it to work properly you wont reccommend trying to get a refund? :)

I said to use 1.136v because after searching what the default voltages of your chip were there seemed to be different people who had different voltages for stock. 1.136v was the highest someones was for stock so I went with that. Basically meaning that sometimes the voltages might be a little different for different chips. Normally it should be able to handle a default voltage but sometimes that doesn't always happen. As I've seen it happen before in the past with other peoples' computers on another forum occasionally

It's not often that it happens that auto voltage isn't enough to handle stock frequency settings but when it does happen it's not that complicated to fix. Usually a slight bump in voltage fixes it pretty quickly.

I wouldn't get a refund because it's not that big of a deal, IMO, if it bothers you go get a refund. It might just limit your possible overclocks for the future if you try to go higher than the default frequency. It might mean that your chip is going to take more voltage than other chips to achieve the same clocks. 

I said to use 1.136v because after searching what the default voltages of your chip were there seemed to be different people who had different voltages for stock. 1.136v was the highest someones was for stock so I went with that. Basically meaning that sometimes the voltages might be a little different for different chips. Normally it should be able to handle a default voltage but sometimes that doesn't always happen. As I've seen it happen before in the past with other peoples' computers on another forum occasionally

It's not often that it happens that auto voltage isn't enough to handle stock frequency settings but when it does happen it's not that complicated to fix. Usually a slight bump in voltage fixes it pretty quickly.

I wouldn't get a refund because it's not that big of a deal, IMO, if it bothers you go get a refund. It might just limit your possible overclocks for the future if you try to go higher than the default frequency. It might mean that your chip is going to take more voltage than other chips to achieve the same clocks. 

THanks alot mate, i really appreciate the help!! :)

No problem, hope you get to enjoy your computer now.  :)

It wasnt really a problem before, but still BSOD is never nice to get :P

I would argue that you should get a refund.  Your expensive computer part wasn't working out of the box.  Not only that, but you have no need for the i7.  You would be much better off going with an i5, and buying a new PSU.  If you ever do decide to overclock, which you should since you bought an unlocked processor and motherboard, chances are that your current i7 is not going to overclock very well because it wasn't working at stock voltages.

If you do decide to keep your i7, you should not have your voltage set to override mode unless you are stress testing.  Set it to adaptive @ 1.136.  Slowly start reducing the voltage, while still on adaptive mode until you experience a blue screen again, NOT running Prime95.  Play games, do regular stuff that was causing blue screens before you increased your voltage.  You want to find your sweet spot for your processor, each processor is unique, so you have to fine tune your processor for your best personal results.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I've seen 100% negative reviews on the Templarius Imperator. Might be worth switching out, it seems like that company likes to pull sketchy things like putting 6v rails together or something. See if you can borrow someone elses PSU to test before you spend money on something that might not be the problem.

CPU - Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.60GHz 1.264v | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16.0GB (2x8GB) | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77 WS | Graphics - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | Storage -  120 GB Samsung 840 EVO | PSU - Corsair RM650 | Case - Corsair 550D

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen 100% negative reviews on the Templarius Imperator. Might be worth switching out, it seems like that company likes to pull sketchy things like putting 6v rails together or something. See if you can borrow someone elses PSU to test before you spend money on something that might not be the problem.

CPU wasnt the problem appearently, im getting a new PSU. Corsair RM850

get a better psu asap also primie 95 isn't intended for haswell and will damage the cpu

How so?

How so?

just isn't, there's very few stress tests intended for haswell 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed