*PRIME95 EXPERT* Bluescreen in Prime95

Go to solution Solved by BiG StroOnZ,

how do i do that? :o

Go into the Bios, look for the setting labeled "CPU Core Voltage"  Change it from Auto to Fixed. It will tell you what the voltage is currently. Raise it slightly higher than what it is at default. Clearly your motherboard is not supplying enough voltage for your stock settings. Keep raising it until P95 stops BSODing. But do so in micro increments, shouldn't take that much to fix the problem.

x101 and x124 is always voltage related 

101 and 124 is not enough VCORE. 

Simply bump up the voltage. 

Done. 

If you oced put all back to default, if not check your RAM

none oced but there isnt any faults in my RAM?

Can it really be network that BSOD?

none oced but there isnt any faults in my RAM?

If you oced put all back to default, if not check your RAM. Also TCP/IP... mostly like a network driver failure too.

Then what do you recommend doin? update it or what? And when your talking Network driver, would that be Killer Network MAnager?

Go into the Bios, look for the setting labeled "CPU Core Voltage"  Change it from Auto to Fixed. It will tell you what the voltage is currently. Raise it slightly higher than what it is at default. Clearly your motherboard is not supplying enough voltage for your stock settings. Keep raising it until P95 stops BSODing. But do so in micro increments, shouldn't take that much to fix the problem.

ill try that, But some people told me that p95 will harm my Haswell cpu? is that the case? i dont want to destroy it..

No. All stock config

I was thinking PSU if anything...

Its called: Templarius Imperator 750Watt

Your PSU should be the main culprit if you are blue screening at stock speeds.  Also, you might just have a bad chip, if all you are doing is gaming, you should return that i7 and get an i5.  i7 doesn't help in gaming.

Also, Prime95 is perfectly fine to use, you just have to set your voltage to manual.  All these idiots who are having problems saying Prime95 is bad for Haswell, they didn't set their voltage to manual, and as a result, they friend their chip.  Set your voltage to manual before doing any kind of stress testing.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Your PSU should be the main culprit if you are blue screening at stock speeds.  Also, you might just have a bad chip, if all you are doing is gaming, you should return that i7 and get an i5.  i7 doesn't help in gaming.

Also, Prime95 is perfectly fine to use, you just have to set your voltage to manual.  All these idiots who are having problems saying Prime95 is bad for Haswell, they didn't set their voltage to manual, and as a result, they friend their chip.  Set your voltage to manual before doing any kind of stress tan

is there any way that i can check if i got a bad chip? thx btw :)

is there any way that i can check if i got a bad chip? thx btw :)

Well, its not good that it is blue screening at stock settings, try what Big Stoonz said and increase the voltage, but I would personally consider that grounds for a refund if my chip requires additional voltage at stock speeds.  And again, if all you are doing is gaming, switch it out for an i5 that will perform the same.  If you do some kind of video editing, rendering, or CPU intensive work, then stick with the i7.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Well, its not good that it is blue screening at stock settings, try what Big Stoonz said and increase the voltage, but I would personally consider that grounds for a refund if my chip requires additional voltage at stock speeds.  And again, if all you are doing is gaming, switch it out for an i5 that will perform the same.  If you do some kind of video editing, rendering, or CPU intensive work, then stick with the i7.

i only do gaming, but can you please explain what manual voltage will do exactly?

ill try that, But some people told me that p95 will harm my Haswell cpu? is that the case? i dont want to destroy it..

We're just trying to get it to stop BSODing, not actually running a thorough stress test. 

i only do gaming, but can you please explain what manual voltage will do exactly?

Manual voltage sets your voltage manually. As in you tell it what number to be at. As opposed to auto when the motherboard tries to figure out. 

Like I said, go into the Bios. Look at what the voltage is currently. Change the setting to manual and raise it slightly higher than the default settings. 

1-Killer driver uninstaller: http://www.qca.qualcomm.com/drivers/KillerCleaner_64bit.exe

2-Driver: http://download.msi.com/dvr_exe/Killer_network_win78.zip

(2b)-Directly from Qualcomm (***compatibility not assured***, but it checks if there's a compatible device): http://www.qca.qualcomm.com/drivers/KillerSuite_1.1.38.1281_Win7_Win8_Win81.exe

Download 1- and 2-, then run the cleaner, reboot and install the driver

done :)

We're just trying to get it to stop BSODing, not actually running a thorough stress test. 

Manual voltage sets your voltage manually. As in you tell it what number to be at. As opposed to auto when the motherboard tries to figure out. 

Like I said, go into the Bios. Look at what the voltage is currently. Change the setting to manual and raise it slightly higher than the default settings. 

yeah but is it like how much voltage to the CPU?

Manual voltage means that your voltage wont fluctuate with workload.  That is called adaptive voltage, your voltage adapts to the demand placed on the CPU, so when your CPU is idling, it doesn't require a lot of power, so adaptive voltage will supply less voltage to your processor.  Again with adaptive voltage, when your processor is being utilized greatly, your voltage will increase to keep up with the demand.  Adaptive voltage is like smart voltage.  It is good for regular use and gaming, not stress testing.  Your voltage is set to adaptive out of the box.

When you run a stress test like Prime95, which is arguably the most strenuous of them all, your computer is being pushed to its limit, 100% on all cores, all the time.  Prime95 and adaptive voltage do not mix.  When you run Prime95 with adaptive voltage, your "adaptive voltage" will supply a lot, I mean A LOT more voltage than what is actually required from the CPU.  In some instances, it can cause death to the CPU.  Running Prime95, and any stress test really, you want to set your voltage to manual so that you won't get these massive jolts of voltage that are more than what is safe and required of the CPU.  Set your voltage to manual before you do any sort of stress test to prevent damage being done to your processor.  \

Once you find a voltage that is stable, then you revert back to adaptive voltage, but do not run any stress tests with adaptive voltage.

You set the amount.  I am not sure what the stock voltage is for your processor, but I still think your CPU not working correctly out of the box is grounds for a refund.  You can tell them when you go to return it, that you had to increase the voltage just to get it stable at stock speeds.  They will either give you a replacement, or you can opt for an i5.

Manual voltage means that your voltage wont fluctuate with workload.  That is called adaptive voltage, your voltage adapts to the demand placed on the CPU, so when your CPU is idling, it doesn't require a lot of power, so adaptive voltage will supply less voltage to your processor.  Again with adaptive voltage, when your processor is being utilized greatly, your voltage will increase to keep up with the demand.  Adaptive voltage is like smart voltage.  It is good for regular use and gaming, not stress testing.  Your voltage is set to adaptive out of the box.

When you run a stress test like Prime95, which is arguably the most strenuous of them all, your computer is being pushed to its limit, 100% on all cores, all the time.  Prime95 and adaptive voltage do not mix.  When you run Prime95 with adaptive voltage, your "adaptive voltage" will supply a lot, I mean A LOT more voltage than what is actually required from the CPU.  In some instances, it can cause death to the CPU.  Running Prime95, and any stress test really, you want to set your voltage to manual so that you won't get these massive jolts of voltage that are more than what is safe and required of the CPU.  Set your voltage to manual before you do any sort of stress test to prevent damage being done to your processor.  \

Once you find a voltage that is stable, then you revert back to adaptive voltage, but do not run any stress tests with adaptive voltage.

when do i know that is it stable? No BSOD? And when i then put it back on adaptive will it stay above the amount i set compare to the default setting?

When you go into your Bios it will tell you how much voltage it is currently putting into the CPU. Then like I said, you increase it higher than that slightly. So lets say for an example at default it is set to 1.016v. You would increase it slightly say to 1.028v 

when do i know that is it stable? No BSOD? And when i then put it back on adaptive will it stay above the amount i set compare to the default setting?

It won't BSOD as soon as you start it up.

You set the amount.  I am not sure what the stock voltage is for your processor, but I still think your CPU not working correctly out of the box is grounds for a refund.  You can tell them when you go to return it, that you had to increase the voltage just to get it stable at stock speeds.  They will either give you a replacement, or you can opt for an i5.

ill try, its in the middle of the night lol, but i emailed them. I got it in a bundle, but i guess i should still be able to get refund :)

When you go into your Bios it will tell you how much voltage it is currently putting into the CPU. Then like I said, you increase it higher than that slightly. So lets say for an example at default it is set to 1.016v. You would increase it slightly say to 1.028v 

It won't BSOD as soon as you start it up.

starting up PRime95 you mean?

Yes. 

1-Killer driver uninstaller: http://www.qca.qualcomm.com/drivers/KillerCleaner_64bit.exe

2-Driver: http://download.msi.com/dvr_exe/Killer_network_win78.zip

(2b)-Directly from Qualcomm (***compatibility not assured***, but it checks if there's a compatible device): http://www.qca.qualcomm.com/drivers/KillerSuite_1.1.38.1281_Win7_Win8_Win81.exe

Download 1- and 2-, then run the cleaner, reboot and install the driver

thank you so much for the help. ill get back in this thread tomorrow about the outcome :)

thank you so much for the help. ill get back in this thread tomorrow about the outcome :)

What you might want to do, if they grant you a refund, is step down to an i5, especially if all you do is gaming, and use that extra $100 to buy a better quality PSU.

Your issue isn't related to the voltage, overvolting your cpu won't fix anything. The stock voltages are hardcoded in the cpu and tested extensively during manufacturing to work perfectly and the bios reports the VR the VID settings and it's being regulated. Check if the socket has bent pins, figure your ram out with HCI-memtest (not memtest86).

Your issue isn't related to the voltage, overvolting your cpu won't fix anything. The stock voltages are hardcoded in the cpu and tested extensively during manufacturing to work perfectly and the bios reports the VR the VID settings and it's being regulated. Check if the socket has bent pins, figure your ram out with HCI-memtest (not memtest86).

I also agree with this, however I would also point at the 750w PSU from a brand I've never heard of. Could have heavy ripple or something on the ATX12v

doesnt seem to be a problem with the RAM, so what do you reccomend then? also new CPU and PSU?