Ikross Earbuds review

Sonefiler

This is my review of the Ikross Earbuds, a very unique set of $15 earbuds.

http://www.amazon.com/iKross-In-Ear-Noise-Isolation-Earbuds-Microphone/dp/B00BMKNDC4

iKross-Black-In-Ear-35mm-Noise-Isolation

The packaging is nothing special; It's not a blister pack though. It's the plastic with the paper on back. I just stabbed it with scissors and tore it open, and now we take a look at what's inside.

It has earphones, a little warning/warranty/how-to-use guidebook which you probably don't need.

It also has different sized rubber thingies for the earbuds! They have a pair of small, medium and large rubber pieces. Neato!

On the earphones themselves now, my first gripe is that the audio jack itself is very slippery. Not in the sense that it falls out of the audio jack, but when I try to pull it out of my computer it my fingers slip away.

The cord is flat. This is REALLY nice. It lets you get it through small spaces like an audio jack behind a car TV screen or an airplane earphone jack behind the monitor. It also reduces tangles. Really neat.

[photo coming]

On the part where you actually put it in the ear, it's very interesting. Although the base part that is not the speaker and rubber thing itself is fairly standard, with one half being black and the other half being silver, the speaker placement on that base piece is very unique. It's actually on the CORNER of the base.

At first I thought "oh man these are gonna be really uncomfortable". I thought that since it's on the corner, there would be a big piece on the other side that would either weigh the buds down and make them fall out, or it would be jammed into your ear uncomfortably. Neither were the case. it's made so that the little nubbin on the back of your ear goes over that part, making it fit into your ear very snugly.

post-64582-0-47394500-1406930025_thumb.j

If you're a guy like Linus (or me) where you wrap the cord around your ears and put them in upside down, you're in luck. If anything, they're even MORE comfortable that way. The bulky useless part goes over the other little nubbin where your ear actually attaches to your head. It's very comfortable and I enjoy wearing these very much in terms of comfort.

post-64582-0-81148300-1406930057_thumb.j

Now you're probably thinking, "stop rambling about comfort. What about the sound?". Well, you would be suprised.

Now, that big base part that I said was really clunky and useless? Well, I lied. not about the clunky part, though. If you look closely, they have another set of tiny speakers on the back of the earbuds.

[picture coming]

Because of these, my front/back position tracking was very good in games. I could easily tell when some dude was in front of me, below me or in a vertical direction of me, unlike some earbuds where I could tell left, right, and nothing more. *ahemeveryearbudthatcomeswithandroidphonescough*

It has a microphone that also serves as a button for quick music and call control. It's all one button. You click it, it drops a call. Click it, it starts/stops your music. That's all. It's pretty useful for on-the-go calls or listening to music while jogging, but nothing more than that. I have not tested the microphone yet so I will add that part when I find out it's horrible. If I never update it, assume it works fine.

Now, the sound quality. I was blown away.

I tried playing my dubsteps with a lot of sound ranges. (you should listen to it) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SquLvtva_jo

Dont worry, i listened to other stuff too. this is just my favorite song.

I have to say, it gets a check for high, mids and basses. For $15, these sound excellent. If I had to choose one that was the /worst/, I would probably say the mids. However, I'm not an audio expert.

Overall?

These are absolutely fantastic budget earphones. At it's price range it has got everything else in the market beat.

What do you think? Would you get these?

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Wrong forum. you should post this in member reviews.

Wrong forum. you should post this in member reviews.

fuckin shit. Meant to do that.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Nice review. They're like £7 in UK, may just buy a pair as my JVC explosives sound pretty shit.

"The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be."

CPU: Intel i5 4690K - Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP - 2x4GB @ 1866Mhz - GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 4GB - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD- Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed (with Red AKASA Led Strips) - Display: Benq GL2460HM 24" Monitor