Sell my 770 for a 290?

xXButchXx

Hey guys, I'm thinking about selling my gtx 770 4gb and purchasing an r9 290. Would the performance difference be a lot greater? Also, I was thinking about using shadowplay for YouTube videos but I'm worried about getting a 290 because AMD's game DVR is not quite at the same level as shadowplay yet. What do you guys think?

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 8gb (2x4gb) Corsair LP @1600mhz | GPU: Asus TUF GTX 1660 OC 6GB | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | Storage: 250gb Samsung 840 EVO and 1TB WD Black 7200rpm | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Display: Asus VG245H 1920x1080 | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and default case fans | Laptop: Early 2015 13" Macbook Pro Retina - i5 2.7Ghz - 256GB SSD

r9 290 will be better, and there was a guide in here about recording with fraps using ur onboard GPU so yea that would be good.

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

The 290 is a fair amount better: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1037?vs=1068 AMD's GVR isn't great yet, you can record up to 20 minutes at 720p though.

Sniped with the benchmarks :(

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

R9 290 is better but it's up to you if it's enough of a change to consider jumping ships.

I say don't sell it, the next line up of cards is around the corner.

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Why do some people want to record gameplay ?

They wanna be on tv/internet :)

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Why do some people want to record gameplay ?

To make youtube videos and make money off it.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 8gb (2x4gb) Corsair LP @1600mhz | GPU: Asus TUF GTX 1660 OC 6GB | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | Storage: 250gb Samsung 840 EVO and 1TB WD Black 7200rpm | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Display: Asus VG245H 1920x1080 | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and default case fans | Laptop: Early 2015 13" Macbook Pro Retina - i5 2.7Ghz - 256GB SSD

They wanna be on tv/internet :)

I don't think it will ever be on TV. Still YT most will only get a few hits unless you have a big time channel.

To make youtube videos and make money off it.

Money LOL that would be the day when some kid buy's a GPU for for recording gameplay and makes money off it LOL ROFLMAO.

No,it won't be a game changing performance but you should get it if you won't pay more than $30-$50 when you sell your 770 ofc.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Money LOL that would be the day when some kid buy's a GPU for for recording gameplay and makes money off it LOL ROFLMAO.

I don't see what's the problem there, he doesn't want to live from Youtube, he just wants to game, have fun and maybe get a couple of bucks in return. We try not to be rude or insulting on the forums, let's keep it that way.

Check out starboy103 on YouTube. I go to school with him and I'm in his biology class. He makes $600 monthly.

I don't see what's the problem there, he doesn't want to live from Youtube, he just wants to game, have fun and maybe get a couple of bucks in return. We try not to be rude or insulting on the forums, let's keep it that way.

Thank you very much. :)

Check out starboy103 on YouTube. I go to school with him and I'm in his biology class. He makes $600 monthly.

If it were that easy then everyone would be doing it. Shadow play will saturate the market enabling more people to record so it will weaken newcomers chances to even fathom that kind of income from play a game LOL.

If it were that easy then everyone would be doing it. Shadow play will saturate the market enabling more people to record so it will weaken newcomers chances to even fathom that kind of income from play a game LOL.

No need for the "LOL" at the end of your posts. Personally I don't find it very funny and it just makes it look like you're laughing at me.

No need for the "LOL" at the end of your posts. Personally I don't find it very funny and it just makes it look like you're laughing at me.

I am laughing at the fact that you guy's are trying to make it seem like you can now strike it rich off a GPU LOL. Only back in the day when coin mining boom struck could you make serious coin from GPUs.

I am laughing at the fact that you guy's are trying to make it seem like you can now strike it rich off a GPU LOL. Only back in the day when coin mining boom struck could you make serious coin from GPUs.

We weren't saying you can strike it rich off of a GPU. We're saying that with the features of an Nvidia card you can record gameplay with your friends, have some fun, and maybe make a little money here and there off of YouTube videos. I never said I would strike it rich.

We weren't saying you can strike it rich off of a GPU. We're saying that with the features of an Nvidia card you can record gameplay with your friends, have some fun, and maybe make a little money here and there off of YouTube videos. I never said I would strike it rich.

Well shadow is not some new revolutionary thing .... there are other "FREE" programs that work on any GPU that record as well or better.

Well shadow is not some new revolutionary thing .... there are other "FREE" programs that work on any GPU that record as well or better.

I'm not sure about better... But I like shadowplay as it's easy to use, and the GPU takes almost no performance hit compared to other programs.

I'm not sure about better... But I like shadowplay as it's easy to use, and the GPU takes almost no performance hit compared to other programs.

Once again lets not blow this thing out of proportion. There are other recording software's that have been around a long time that work "just as good" on any brand GPU not vendor agnostic. Just because nvidia brings some old technology that's been done before does not mean it's automatically better.

There are other recording software's that have been around a long time that work "just as good" on any brand GPU not vendor agnostic.

Like what? I'd really like to know because it'll make my decision easier.

Like what? I'd really like to know because it'll make my decision easier.

DxTory it's a lossless codec for screen recording.

Once again lets not blow this thing out of proportion. There are other recording software's that have been around a long time that work "just as good" on any brand GPU not vendor agnostic. Just because nvidia brings some old technology that's been done before does not mean it's automatically better.

But why you forcing the issue :mellow: