Paint Brush For PC Cleaning

Monti
Go to solution Solved by Marvzl1357,

Well, from what I know, and the airbrush I have, the pressure (~30psi) from the airbrush is hardly strong enough to dislodge any dust clumps.

So, probably not

Sorry, sorry, I thought you saud airbrush for some reason.

if you're cleaning your fans, maybe get a big or medium sized, medium-stiff brush and it should work fine.

But ONLY use it on your fans otherwise it would produce static left right and center, so it would be a bit dangerous to use a brush on anything other than fans

Hello, so I wanted to know if I can/should use a paint brush for cleaning my PC. I was planning on getting some compressed air cans but I have a hard time cleaning my fans. Is there anything I should look for if I do use a pain brush or some kind of brush. Or if you know of some good cleaning tips I would be glad to hear them. Thanks and any help is welcomed!

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

No... very bad idea, the brushes will create static and discharge it into your hardware possibly killing it.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

i just used a cloth and an air pressure can

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

No... very bad idea, the brushes will create static and discharge it into your hardware possibly killing it.

Linus said to use a brush in his video

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Linus said to use a brush in his video

If we can find out what kind of brush I guess that would be great :P

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Well, from what I know, and the airbrush I have, the pressure (~30psi) from the airbrush is hardly strong enough to dislodge any dust clumps.

So, probably not

Sorry, sorry, I thought you saud airbrush for some reason.

if you're cleaning your fans, maybe get a big or medium sized, medium-stiff brush and it should work fine.

But ONLY use it on your fans otherwise it would produce static left right and center, so it would be a bit dangerous to use a brush on anything other than fans

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

If we can find out what kind of brush I guess that would be great :P

He said a small paint brush

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Ya I'm just thinking for my fans and my CPU heat sink (if necessary). But thanks for the replies!

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

He said a small paint brush

Somthing like this i guess?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anti-Static-Safe-Cleaning-Brush/dp/B005M26O6U

I think any paint brush would be fine. I used a random brush on my pc

it looked like a real paint brush in his video

look at 2:29

Edit: what about the fans on my GPU?

Edit: what about the fans on my GPU?

Stick of cotton is good. I'm also against paint brushes but not because possibility of static. Basic paint brushes tend to be fragile and leave their hair around very easily. That hair can cause problems. So if you look for brush get one made from someother material than natural/synthetic hair.

Like http://www.dx.com/p/toothbrushes-style-anti-static-plastic-cleaning-brush-21951#.U9tyt2PzKzU (bad example, I saw better in another eshop)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Take your PC to gas station, or to a friend that has a compressor. Or a local car repair shop, those normally use pneumatic tools. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

OK so it looks like I'm shouldn't use a paint brush for fans and not electric items and use air for everything else. Thanks for the replies and have a good day!

I just spray my computer down with the hose at the car wash.

I don't think that's a good idea. There might be oil or water from the compressor.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

i use brushes to clean my pc for a long time and didnt have any problems so far :P

I used a paint brush on my GPU PCB and everything