Goodbye $150 router

pspfreak

Just got woken up by a thunderstorm. Looks like my router and only my router got fried. Modem is fine, PC and switch hood. Unfourtunantley, I lost my Netgear wndr4500. Not dead, as in lights come on, reacts to plugin of Ethernet, but doesn't boot. Tried to reset firmware via ftp and reset switch. Looks like it's dead. Sorry for the ramble, and bad grammar or typing, on my phone as my internet is out.

Edit: my power never went out.

Just got woken up by a thunderstorm. Looks like my router and only my router got fried. Modem is fine, PC and switch hood. Unfourtunantley, I lost my Netgear wndr4500. Not dead, as in lights come on, reacts to plugin of Ethernet, but doesn't boot. Tried to reset firmware via ftp and reset switch. Looks like it's dead. Sorry for the ramble, and bad grammar or typing, on my phone as my internet is out.

Edit: my power never went out.

RIP in peace

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

basically you just said rest in peace in peace

Yeah..

Have you never heard anyone say RIP in peace before?

welcome-to-the-internet-please-follow-me

Sorry

not sorry

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

"

Off Topic
Discussion - Non-tech related content only please! "

Why not post to the general forum

Check your house circuit though if power didn't went out but the router died maybe it should have gone out, that's why you have fuses and stuff. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

Nah the modem is shot which makes me think something went the the coax and then into modem and then router

Have you tried defibrillators? 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Have you tried defibrillators? 

Remember,

CPR.

Circulation, Airway, breathing

and then shock when the AED tells you to.

I had a computer.. and then I let FedEx ship it.