Looking to upgrade my 5 year old GPU

M1ke10191

What kind of budget would you put down if you just waited to build one from the ground up?

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

What kind of budget would you put down if you just waited to build one from the ground up?

I'd carry over my HDD and SSD to the new build. I'd probably have to buy a new copy of Windows since my copy is the Gateway OEM copy. I'd budget at least $1,000, would be comfortable going to $1,500, and if necessary could stretch it to $2,000. I could probably add another $500 to that budget by selling my old system.

I'd carry over my HDD and SSD to the new build. I'd probably have to buy a new copy of Windows since my copy is the Gateway OEM copy. I'd budget at least $1,000, would be comfortable going to $1,500, and if necessary could stretch it to $2,000. I could probably add another $500 to that budget by selling my old system.

then ull be able to at least get gtx880 when it comes out or 2 gtx 870. and unless your doing heavy editing get z97 i7 or u can get a i5

CPU i7 3770K@4.6Ghz Motherboard  Asus Maximus V Extreme Ram 4x4GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866Mhz GPU 3-Way Sli EVGA Gtx 780 //Core@1.2Ghz/Mem@7Ghz// PSU Corsair Ax1200i Storage OS 2xSamsung 840 Pro 128GB // 2xOCZ Vertex 4 128GB // 2xWD Red 4TB Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse Steelseries Xai Cooling Custom Dual Loop Case Corsair 900D