New Laptop Speed Troubles

Im_Flick

Just bought a new laptop. it is an HP ENVY dv7. it is a higher end laptop and is extremely slow. it takes a long time and an ever longer time shutting down. it took 5-12 minuets for my previous shut down. The laptop is brand new and i have only had it for 2 days. any help?

Its a HP... the not helpful person in me would tell you to return it.

The helpful person would tell you to check if its doing any updates?

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Its a HP... the not helpful person in me would tell you to return it.

The helpful person would tell you to check if its doing any updates?

Nope no updates. Even chrome is slow

What year's model?

2013?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

how many processes are running?

"We will never make a 32-bit operating system." -- Bill Gates, 1989

Which Envy model are we talking about exactly?

Have you uninstalled all of the bloatware on your laptop? Maybe run Crystal Disk Info and see if the hard drive status is: okay or good, otherwise the hard drive might be faulty and causing this poor performance.

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

What year's model?

2013?

Yes i literally just bought it brand new

Which Envy model are we talking about exactly?

Have you uninstalled all of the bloatware on your laptop? Maybe run Crystal Disk Info and see if the hard drive status is: okay or good, otherwise the hard drive might be faulty and causing this poor performance.

dv7 and yes pretty much all bloat ware is gone. The only program installed is start menu 8

Yes i literally just bought it brand new

Does safe mode work fine?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

It's entirely possible that you've run into some malware, despite the laptop being almost brand new. I'd scan it.
If it's still running poorly, it could be running too hot.
If it's running cool, I'd say to just return the thing.

@[member=Im_Flick]

Try running in safe mode.See if that fixes things.If that's the case,remove all non-Microsoft programs from Msconfig(the startup registry).See if that does the job.If not,then S.M.A.R.T. check your HDD/SSD with CrystalDiskInfo.Also, try to see if you have any corrupted Windows registries.(if you see that then reinstall Windows)

Run some anti-malware programs.

Is the laptop hot?Is it throtling? 

@[member=Im_Flick]

Try running in safe mode.See if that fixes things.If that's the case,remove all non-Microsoft programs from Msconfig(the startup registry).See if that does the job.If not,then S.M.A.R.T. check your HDD/SSD with CrystalDiskInfo.Also, try to see if you have any corrupted Windows registries.(if you see that then reinstall Windows)

Run some anti-malware programs.

Is the laptop hot?Is it throtling?

It doesn't throttle or get hot, currently 6 minuets into the restart, I restarted in safe mode and am still waiting...