Studio Monitor Set Up Help

nnelg

Hello. I was wondering... if I were to get some studio monitors, lets say these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DUKP37C/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p267_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0KN1DPJ4MRDFAQPKPRT1&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846.

How would I set them up with a usb dac amp?

What cables would I need and what would need to plug into what?

I am kind of confused of what I need to get and what I need to do in order to get these to work.

Those specific speakers have a balanced input, so you'd need a balanced DAC to provide the correct output. Then, just hook 'em up with XLR cables.

Those specific speakers have a balanced input, so you'd need a balanced DAC to provide the correct output. Then, just hook 'em up with XLR cables.

What would be a nice balanced DAC for these?

If I had to use things like these with those studio monitors, I would probably want to use some different studio monitors because these are out of my budget.

What would you recommend for two studio monitors + a usb dac/amp for less than $400 all together?

If I had to use things like these with those studio monitors, I would probably want to use some different studio monitors because these are out of my budget.

What would you recommend for two studio monitors + a usb dac/amp for less than $400 all together?

There's plenty of speaker available for that budget, just gotta get one with RCA inputs. I'm not well informed as to what "the best" speaker or studio monitor for that budget is.

You shouldn't need a DAC as long as your onboard audio isn't broken, but if you do, a Behringer UCA202 should suffice. (headphone port is kinda terrible, but makes sounds for basic monitoring).

If that originally suggested monitor by OP is balanced only, I recommend getting one that has RCA because it makes much more sense financially.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

If that originally suggested monitor by OP is balanced only, I recommend getting one that has RCA because it makes much more sense financially.

So what would you recommend?

Or you just buy an adapter from xlr to an unbalanced connector like rca. It is not like you have to use a balanced signal for the monitors to work. 

Thanks for the input guys. After researching a little more, I have decided to get a pair of bookshelf speakers with an amp.

Or you just buy an adapter from xlr to an unbalanced connector like rca. It is not like you have to use a balanced signal for the monitors to work.

Because it'd be silly to select a studio monitor knowing you would need a bulky adapter?

Thanks for the input guys. After researching a little more, I have decided to get a pair of bookshelf speakers with an amp.

Ah, I thought you specifically wanted studio monitors for some reason. Whatcha gonna get? :)

Because it'd be silly to select a studio monitor knowing you would need a bulky adapter?

Depends, it they are really good for the price I would rather use an adapter it is not like they work worse with an adapter.

if they are really good for the price I would rather use an adapter

iz kind of a big if, considering relatively free market capitalistic competition

Ah, I thought you specifically wanted studio monitors for some reason. Whatcha gonna get? :)

I'm honestly not even sure (I sound so indecisive, sorry! :unsure:).. I just wanna be able to listen to my music well while being able to hook up my headphones to the amplifier whenever I feel like switching things up. I've been looking and looking, and I don't know if I would be able to find a reliable amplifier that's a decent price that is able to do that with bookshelf speakers. I may end up having to spend more than I would like to, but if it is really worth it, then I'm down for it.

I'm honestly not even sure (I sound so indecisive, sorry! :unsure:).. I just wanna be able to listen to my music well while being able to hook up my headphones to the amplifier whenever I feel like switching things up. I've been looking and looking, and I don't know if I would be able to find a reliable amplifier that's a decent price that is able to do that with bookshelf speakers. I may end up having to spend more than I would like to, but if it is really worth it, then I'm down for it.

The LP-2020A+ Lepai is only $20.

Hello. I was wondering... if I were to get some studio monitors, lets say these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DUKP37C/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p267_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0KN1DPJ4MRDFAQPKPRT1&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846.

How would I set them up with a usb dac amp?

What cables would I need and what would need to plug into what?

I am kind of confused of what I need to get and what I need to do in order to get these to work.

I own a M AUDIO BX5 D2 studio monitors,i am using HOSA dual TRS CPR 201 to rca cable,since the M AUDIO is internally amplified i connected to my external ASUS U7 soundcard.While lepai 2020 is good for the price,i think topping TP 30 will be a better buy because it produces more cleaner,detailed,distortion free sound.Audioengine D1 if you can afford it,you can use both headphone and stereo speaker with it.