Linus Tech Tips and JayzTwoCents - Giveaway!

so of all the card jay had why he pick 270x that being powered by the 1000w psu is overkill for it 

nice give away gald to see my two fav tech channels finally team up :)

The reason that this video  is my favorite is because it was really helpful in making some decisions with my possible long terms plans for my setup.

What I like about this video was the simplicity I found in it, due to being quite new to the world of custom PCs at the time it cleared up some questions.

Jay's: Just a great video.

Linus's: I didn't even know such a thing existed!

My favorite episode of TechQuickie is definitely the fan one (

), never really understood why some fans cost more, or why some were rated higher than others.

this helped me a lot as i had no clue how to read these things and hadn't gotten around to reading a wikipedia page for it. 

also helped me as the computer glasses thing always kinda sounded like bull to me, so i wanted to see if it was real or not.

as for the prize, it seems somewhat unbalanced with a somewhat enthusiast power supply for a not enthusiast graphics card. not that it matters, my current main system wouldn't benefit from the GPU but the power supply would be very welcome, and i have a secondary system that would definitely benefit from that R9 270x

i hope i win because im building a new system for my brother and i dont have a gpu, psu and ram for him yet. if i win ill probobly trade out my 500w corsair psu for the 1000w and give him the psu and the 270x.this would really help with the price for me thx-austin

linus

jayz

ps his build so far is a 

cpu: kaveri 7850k

mobo: amd a88xi

hdd: wd digital black 1tb

ssd: 120gb m500 120gb

case: fractal design node 804

ram:tbd

Modular vs Non Modular Power Supplies as Fast As Possible - YouTube

Beginners Guide: How to Build a Computer - YouTube

(Yeah, I don't know why these showed up only as links....still learning, see?)

I picked these two videos as I have only recently found both JayzTwoCents and Linus Tech Tips.  At 51, I'm getting into building PC's a "little" late!  :D 

These videos and now others from both have helped me immensely in understanding the "innards" of PC's and what to do with them.  

It would be GREAT to win these items!!

Thanks for the giveaway, Guys!

My planned build:

ASRock Z97 Extreme6 ATX LGA 1150--Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0 GHz Quad-Core LGA 1150--Antec KUHLER H2O 950 120mm Liquid Cooler--Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1866 (blue)--Sapphire VAPOR-X R9 280X 3GB 384-bit--EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750 G ATX 80+ Gold Modular--Thermaltake Overseer RX-I ATX Full Tower--Crucial MX100 256GB SATA III MLC 2.5" SSD--WD Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200 RPM HDD--Windows 8.1(64-bit)