How to Re-install Windows 7 Enterprise?

Benjio

My sister has a laptop she got from university with Windows 7 Enterprise installed on it. I know Enterprise works a bit different from other versions like professional and Home Premium. Would it be possible to re-install it at home or does it need to be attached to a certain network for the activation to work? Also is there a safe place to download an ISO for it from? I can't seem to find any.

Edit: I found a 90 day evaluation download here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-7-enterprise That doesn't really help me with the activation side of it though.

For the ISO - I don't know about your other questions though

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/cannot-find-digital-river-download-site/66a8439b-0d16-4b70-92f7-1c8486a46ebf

Edit:

There's no enterprise there sorry, you can keep the link <_<

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

My sister has a laptop she got from university with Windows 7 Enterprise installed on it. I know Enterprise works a bit different from other versions like professional and Home Premium. Would it be possible to re-install it at home or does it need to be attached to a certain network for the activation to work? Also is there a safe place to download an ISO for it from? I can't seem to find any.

Edit: I found a 90 day evaluation download here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-7-enterprise That doesn't really help me with the activation side of it though.

Reinstall another version of Windows? Enterprise requires a KMS server to reactivate every 180 days. I wouldn't bother with it.

Why do you need to reinstall anyway?

Reinstall another version of Windows? Enterprise requires a KMS server to reactivate every 180 days. I wouldn't bother with it.

Why do you need to reinstall anyway?

Yeah I figured it was something like that. It's an older laptop and has had viruses in the past and is starting to have programs crash and the system will periodically stop responding. She was thinking of buying a new laptop but I was thinking it would be a lot cheaper just to upgrade to an SSD and reinstall Windows to get rid of the problems. I guess I'll either crack Windows 7 for her (she technically has a legit license, so I don't think that's too unethical in this case) or buy a 8.1 key from g2a. Thanks.

Yeah I figured it was something like that. It's an older laptop and has had viruses in the past and is starting to have programs crash and the system will periodically stop responding. She was thinking of buying a new laptop but I was thinking it would be a lot cheaper just to upgrade to an SSD and reinstall Windows to get rid of the problems. I guess I'll either crack Windows 7 for her (she technically has a legit license, so I don't think that's too unethical in this case) or buy a 8.1 key from g2a. Thanks.

What do you mean by she technically has a legit license?

What do you mean by she technically has a legit license?

I meant the Enterprise license. I guess it's not really the same, I think with Enterprise you can install it on many computers with the same license, or something like that, right?

@Benjio: Depends - is it actually written on the computer?

You mean like a Windows sticker on the bottom of the laptop? I don't believe there is, I'm sure I could get the key using a program like MagicalJellyBean keyfinder though.

You mean like a Windows sticker on the bottom of the laptop? I don't believe there is, I'm sure I could get the key using a program like MagicalJellyBean keyfinder though.

Then no, because that would be a MAK or KMS key. Go for a different version.

Then no, because that would be a MAK or KMS key. Go for a different version.

Yeah that's what I was going to do, I'm sure as hell not going to pay for it though.