Casual gaming monitor with real estate for tabs and windows help

BenTheSciGuy

So thanks to a dying monitor, I am in the market for a new one. I currently have a 25 inch monitor, and need some more space as I am one to juggle a bunch or tabs and windows. I also casually play games which are not FPS's, with the exception of Borderlands 2 and TF2, so response time is not a huge deal. I have considered the Dell U2713H and U2711, but I am not very picky in regards to picture quality, so one of them probably won't be my choice(I am going to see if my local store has at least one of them on the floor so I can see how good the picture is for me).

Needs: Space(27+ inches, maybe even a 21:9 monitor),  scales well to lower resolutions if it is higher than 1080p(I run a GTX 760), but it isn't that important as I will upgrade to an 800 series card that is 300-400 dollars when they come out, just ok scaling.

Budget: 0-700 USD with an ability to go 1000 if the monitor is perfect.

Dell is having sales on monitors on amazon.com rn. I'd go check that out

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

Dell is having sales on monitors on amazon.com rn. I'd go check that out

Amazon always has "sales" on everything, which ones are you referring to exactly?

I'd definitely look at these two. The 34 will let you manage a LOT of tabs, but the 32 won't force you to push so many pixels. 

My 32 will be here in a couple of days, I went with it simply because the pixel pitch is pretty similar to my 2x 23" 1080p screens and I want to use all three. If my current screens were dying and I had to choose one of these, I'd likely go for the LG and get a new stand, but at that price (at least with New Zealand pricing) I'd rather just get two of the 32s and enjoy the extra pixels, the split workspace and larger size (I like my screens further away).

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @4.5GHz          RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Black              Drives: 480GB SSD/1.3HDD

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H          Graphics Card: ASUS HD7970 Direct CUII     PSU: Corsair HX650M

Case: NZXT Phantom Black/Modded        CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14                            Monitors: 2x Dell U2312HM

I'd definitely look at these two. The 34 will let you manage a LOT of tabs, but the 32 won't force you to push so many pixels. 

My 32 will be here in a couple of days, I went with it simply because the pixel pitch is pretty similar to my 2x 23" 1080p screens and I want to use all three. If my current screens were dying and I had to choose one of these, I'd likely go for the LG and get a new stand, but at that price (at least with New Zealand pricing) I'd rather just get two of the 32s and enjoy the extra pixels, the split workspace and larger size (I like my screens further away).

They are both great products. Have fun with your new monitor!

Happy my thread helped out someone else as well, I will probably get one of them, but I'm leaning to the LG. Or the a Dell. I'm gonna want to see them in person if possible.

Happy my thread helped out someone else as well, I will probably get one of them, but I'm leaning to the LG. Or the a Dell. I'm gonna want to see them in person if possible.

My vote also goes to the 21:9 LG, granted you have the desk space.

"Rawr XD"

The LG is a good choice, if the stand and larger size of the BenQ isn't beneficial to you, then the extra resolution would be awesome. The only thing the Dell 27's have over the LG are their stands. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @4.5GHz          RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Black              Drives: 480GB SSD/1.3HDD

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H          Graphics Card: ASUS HD7970 Direct CUII     PSU: Corsair HX650M

Case: NZXT Phantom Black/Modded        CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14                            Monitors: 2x Dell U2312HM

The LG is a good choice, if the stand and larger size of the BenQ isn't beneficial to you, then the extra resolution would be awesome. The only thing the Dell 27's have over the LG are their stands. 

By Dell I mean the U2713H, which is not 21:9 and is 1440p, and I actually don't mind the LG stand, as I have a high desk I don't need tilt or vertical adjustment. Anyone know how say the Asus PA279Q(or another comparable asus monitor) compares with the Dell U2713H and the BenQ BL2700PT(just so size isn't a variable)? 

Amazon always has "sales" on everything, which ones are you referring to exactly?

A couple of their monitors are more then 100$ off. 

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale