Note on Haswell PSU Compatibility

Glenwing

why intel itself didn't tell us about this?

well it's why there is a forum like this...

Hi,

I live in India and can get my components from an Online Store locally, my question is that the Haswell Compatible PSU's are not BRAND new models right? I mean like the Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1050W and the Seasonic Platinum 1000W have been on the market for sometime and I wanted to know if those models are "Haswell Ready" or there is a NEW batch which built for Haswell. Might sound like a stupid question but I don't want to purchase something and then repent. 

Thanks

Hi,

I live in India and can get my components from an Online Store locally, my question is that the Haswell Compatible PSU's are not BRAND new models right? I mean like the Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1050W and the Seasonic Platinum 1000W have been on the market for sometime and I wanted to know if those models are "Haswell Ready" or there is a NEW batch which built for Haswell. Might sound like a stupid question but I don't want to purchase something and then repent. 

Thanks

Haswell branded psu's are just refined psu's that are certified to bring reliable voltge at low watts- hope it helps

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

Haswell branded psu's are just refined psu's that are certified to bring reliable voltge at low watts- hope it helps

Thanks for the input, so if I were to buy a Seasonic Platinum 1000W or a Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1050W now, it would be compatible with Haswell?

Thanks for the input, so if I were to buy a Seasonic Platinum 1000W or a Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1050W now, it would be compatible with Haswell?

Yes, most power supplies are compatible, only very low end ones won't be.  And those that don't will just require a BIOS setting change to work properly with Haswell.

Yes, most power supplies are compatible, only very low end ones won't be.  And those that don't will just require a BIOS setting change to work properly with Haswell.

Ok, got it. Thanks a lot for the Input. Really appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...

Conclusion ~ 4th generation processor (Haswell) is used more electricity??

No! How did yuo come to that conclusion anyway.

why intel itself didn't tell us about this?

well it's why there is a forum like this...

They kinda did, I jus't don't remember what video was it, one of those newegg videos for sure...

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

nice of you to post this, I really didn't think of it... then again, I haven't had a problem with my Haswell yet, Quite satisfied with the performance I must say, 500 3Dmarks higher on this thing than my Lynnfield i7 860 (i'm using a 4770K).  Standby power is like none on my 760i, and underload, it saves me 20W overall over my previous gaming system (using a 770 too! vs the old 460 1gb).

nice of you to post this, I really didn't think of it... then again, I haven't had a problem with my Haswell yet, Quite satisfied with the performance I must say, 500 3Dmarks higher on this thing than my Lynnfield i7 860 (i'm using a 4770K).  Standby power is like none on my 760i, and underload, it saves me 20W overall over my previous gaming system (using a 770 too! vs the old 460 1gb).

Yup.  I suspected it would only really matter for laptops anyway, but this was posted before Haswell was actually released so there were no numbers on it yet.  And I was tired of thread after thread about whether X PSU is compatible xD

Yup.  I suspected it would only really matter for laptops anyway, but this was posted before Haswell was actually released so there were no numbers on it yet.  And I was tired of thread after thread about whether X PSU is compatible xD

I agree, most of us wouldn't have given a second thought about it, but to those new people out there, I guess there was a lot more confusion. As I said, it was Very thoughtful of Glenwing to post this.

• 6 months later...

I think a MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 is a smarter choice. And who doesn't like dragons??  B) lol

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

• 3 weeks later...

The Antec Truepower New 650w has a DC-DC secondary, so it will be compatible. You do not need to turn off this power state in the BIOS.

Edit: For some reason, I thought you was asking a question... lol

Thanks for the link.

For some others:

BeQuiet

Corsair

Enermax

Fractal Design

OCZ/PCP&C

Rosewill

Seasonic (the ones with the haswell ready badge)

This was very helpful

I have an i7 4771 Haswell cpu with a Corsair AX1200i and it looks like most Corsairs are compatible