Looking for an upgrade

xeks

So...I'm currently rocking two Dell E197FP 19" (1280x1024) and would like to something...BETTER. Looking for something definitely 1080p+ possibly 2560x1440 (or x1600) . Seems like x1440 has more of a selection. Would like to spend around $200-250 USD so maybe the x1440+ resolutions may be out of my price range if I don't go for the Korean A- panels?

I've thought about the Nixeus Vue 27" but I think that may be a bit large (not to mention expensive) since I do want to run two or even three monitors in the future. Two in landscape for movies and games, and one in portrait for webpages and documents.

I'm looking for something between 23"+ I have plenty of table space.

Haha. I'm not much of a hardcore gamer but I do play:

League of Legends

Battlefield 3

Battlefield 4 (when it comes out)

Dota 2

World of Warcrap

Tera

Guild Wars 2

...and other random titles when I get bored

I also watch a lot of videos, whether they are HD YouTube videos or movies. Don't currently have a Blu-Ray drive but will get one in the future.

I don't do a lot of photoshop but would like to get back into it as well.

All inputs are welcome (+/- 120 Hz? etc), still doing research and not looking to buy immediately but possibly in the next few months. Thanks in advance.

Spoiler

Tantō

• Case: NZXT Switch 810
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Professional
  • Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
  • Central Processing Unit: Intel Ivy Bridge i7-3770K
  • Random-Access Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4x8 GB DDR3 1866 MHz
  • Graphics Processing Unit: Aorus GeForce 1080 Ti
  • Power Supply Unit: Corsair Professional Series AX750
  • Cooling: NZXT Kraken X52
  • Storage: AData S599 60GB + AData SU650 500GB + WDC Blue 1TB +AData SU800 1TB
  • Keyboard: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S
  • Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB + CoolerMaster Master RGB Hard Gaming Mousepad
  • Audio: Logitech 2.5 Speakers + Feenix Aria + Bose In-Ears
  • Monitors: 2x Acer Predator XB271HU
  • Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

• Device Model: Samsung S20+
  • Operating System: Android 10
  • Read-Only Memory: One UI  2.1
  • Kernel: Stock

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1264-overclocking-guides/'>My Intel Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide

As stated in my OP: ~$200-250 USD but saving up is an option since it's not an immediate must-buy.

Spoiler

Tantō

• Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB + CoolerMaster Master RGB Hard Gaming Mousepad
  • Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1264-overclocking-guides/'>My Intel Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide

is that budget per moniter or all togeather?

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

Per monitor.

Spoiler

Tantō

• Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/BDL_GL2450_X2

i got the 22ich little brother to these love them

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/BDL_GL2450_X2

i got the 22ich little brother to these love them

That deal seems pretty sweet. Might have to keep an eye on that.

Spoiler

Tantō

• Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

You can find the BenQ GW225 on ebay or amazon for around $80

21.5" and 1080p

I've got 3 of them and they work excellently

You can find the BenQ GW225 on ebay or amazon for around $80

21.5" and 1080p

I've got 3 of them and they work excellently

Thanks but I think that's a little too small for my taste. But I'll take a look.

Spoiler

Tantō

• Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

Thanks but I think that's a little too small for my taste. But I'll take a look.

yeah i got the 21.5(22) love them but proboly gonna get the 24s and put the 22s on my spare computers

Yeah, personally, i find the extra 1 or 2 inches doesn't make much of a difference compared to the money you save by going with the 21.5

Yeah, personally, i find the extra 1 or 2 inches doesn't make much of a difference compared to the money you save by going with the 21.5

You're right about that but I'd have to compare their size difference side by side at like a Fry's to see what looks better. Saving money is always a plus.

Spoiler

Tantō

• Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bump this but I was looking to get a deal from MemoryExpress (post 8) but noticed it's Canada only...anyone know anything similar are based in the USA or ships to the USA that does monitor bundle deals? Thanks.

Spoiler

Tantō

• Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

Sorry to bump this but I was looking to get a deal from MemoryExpress (http://www.memoryexp...s/BDL_GL2450_X2)

but noticed it's Canada only...anyone know anything similar are based in the USA or ships to the USA that does monitor bundle deals? Thanks.

Link doesn't work.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Sorry, original link is in Post #8

Spoiler

Tantō

• Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

they got rid of the bundle deal for the 21.5

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX44448    ( single moniter)

they got rid of the bundle deal for the 21.5

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX44448    ( single moniter)

Memory express doesn't ship to the US. I was inquiring about any similar companies that do bundle deals that also ship to the US.

Spoiler

Tantō

• Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

Memory express doesn't ship to the US. I was inquiring about any similar companies that do bundle deals that also ship to the US.

i keep forgetting about that im sorry :( i use them for basicly everything they got 2 stores close to me and the shipping is cheap for me. ncix tigerdirect newegg ?

Hmm maybe.

Spoiler

Tantō

• Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko