Cable Sleeving Information [Links to Guides and Videos]

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Lutro0 just wanted to know if you ship to Canada and if there are customs fees. 

Thanks in advance (:

We ship worldwide and try out best to not have any customs fees and for the most part people dont get them unless they have a super large order.

Always quality work Lutro0, an inspiration.

I had a go with some ModKobra sleeve and really struggled.

I'm going to get some MDPC and have another go just for practice and see if I can get the hang of sleeving, the payoff is phenomenal. 

Practice is key, the more you sleeve the better you get.

Heya Lutro0. The only thing lacking from your website is the ability to set up a user account.

this would benefit 

- Viewing what you had in your shopping cart a few days ago without having to go add all the stuff again

- View past orders

- Tracking numbers for items added to the order which will be viewable through your user account

Just a thought!

Phil

I took this into consideration and have added an account feature. =) 

[MAINFrame Customs Shop] | [Sleeving Guide Videos] | [Sleeving FAQ]
[Project Log]:[ Katharos ]: April MotM Winner | [Project Log]:[ Xýlo Kai Chalkó ]: Working | [Project Log]:[ Aspros ]: Done - 4th Place PDX Lan |
[Reason I Live]

Lutro0 if I'm finding the sleeve is pulling out of the heat shrink all the time am I over stretching the sleeve or just handling it too much? In your videos you seem to be able to really stretch out the sleeving...

Lutro0 if I'm finding the sleeve is pulling out of the heat shrink all the time am I over stretching the sleeve or just handling it too much? In your videos you seem to be able to really stretch out the sleeving...

Usually it means that you have not melted the sleeve to the wire.

If you have a heatgun, heat the heatshrink for longer and that should fix it

PS- Thank you Lutro0 for listening to your customers, the feature  you have added will be loved by many!

Hey Lutro0,

I am in the planning stages of sleeving my PSU... I want to do red/black heatshrinkless but I am not sure what to use. Should I do PET or paracord? Or is there a better option?

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |

Depends on what kinda of sleeving you are using but most likely its that you are not melting the sleeve under it enough. 

Hey Lutro0,

I am in the planning stages of sleeving my PSU... I want to do red/black heatshrinkless but I am not sure what to use. Should I do PET or paracord? Or is there a better option?

Honestly its a preference to use either one. If you have not done sleeving before you could buy a small ammount of both and get an upclose view and see for yourself. I personally like PET like my Stiff-Line that is made for heatshrinkless sleeving in combo with my 16awg wire as it allows for easy training and you dont have to stretch it much to get dense coverage.

[Project Log]:[ Katharos ]: April MotM Winner | [Project Log]:[ Xýlo Kai Chalkó ]: Working | [Project Log]:[ Aspros ]: Done - 4th Place PDX Lan |
[Reason I Live]

Hey there Lutro0, i was wondering if there is a way to calculate the shipping costs to Romania, last time i checked your site there was no such feature, thanks alot!

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Hey there Lutro0, i was wondering if there is a way to calculate the shipping costs to Romania, last time i checked your site there was no such feature, thanks alot!

Just put the article in your shopping cart, then go to the shopping cart and you

can select Romania from the drop-down list of available countries. Then all you

need to do is enter your ZIP code and it will spit out the info.

I just checked, and it works for me. :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

OMG it's Lutro0!!!! I have followed your guides closely for my paracord sleeving and it looks great. So awesome to see you on the forum mate. Your videos are awesome and i just want to personally thank you for the time and effort you have put into educating us on the stuff you know. Really appreciate it.

About paracord sleeving, i have noticed that it finishes a lot better (the heatshrink) when i don't melt the cord at all. However it makes it a lot easier for the cord to slip off the wire. But i find that when i do melt it, i get some lumpiness under the shrink. What do you suggest? The cone method as described above (like a few posts above)?

Cheers

I believe alpenwasser answered it for me, Thanks bud! Just remember to add everything you want into your cart first. =)

OMG it's Lutro0!!!! I have followed your guides closely for my paracord sleeving and it looks great. So awesome to see you on the forum mate. Your videos are awesome and i just want to personally thank you for the time and effort you have put into educating us on the stuff you know. Really appreciate it.

About paracord sleeving, i have noticed that it finishes a lot better (the heatshrink) when i don't melt the cord at all. However it makes it a lot easier for the cord to slip off the wire. But i find that when i do melt it, i get some lumpiness under the shrink. What do you suggest? The cone method as described above (like a few posts above)?

Cheers

Thanks for the kind words, but I am not following your question. I need to know exactly what method you are doing with the paracord - shrink or noshrink?

In the mean time I will leave this Pro Tip I added to the Sleeving FAQ.

Pro Tip #001 Heatshrinkless Basics Explained (How it should look series)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1011391_408112559304058_912468150_n.jpg

Pro Tip #001:

When heatshrinkless sleeving one of the most important things to get right is how you are melting the sleeve and how it looks when you insert it into the connector. If you did too much or too little it will show in this phase or not even click inside the connector at all.

That is why heatshrink is used on plastic sleeving and paracord you can use no heatshrink. As you melt the plastic the heatshrink will help form a cone of sorts neatly sealing the edge of the sleeve. With plastic type monofilament sleeve this is so much more important as those strands like to bend out of place, and paracord melts together allowing you to make a cord and its a softer material so it will go into the connector much easier allowing much more room for error.

The heatshrink you use is so important for this "heatshrinkless" method as it needs to be somewhat resistant to heat and hold its form when heated with a lighter for longer amounts of time not leaving too much of a residue on the sleeve. Also you do not want it being too tight and squeeze the plastic too hard as that will not give you a gradual cone but more of a melt then sleeve with no transition making putting the sleeved cable into the connector almost impossible and defiantly not leaving it how it should look. I recommend the following shrink for heatshrinkless as its the same I use : http://lutro0-customs.com/products/1-4th-inch-3-1-ratio-heatshrink-4ft-for-heatshrinkless cut in about 10mm lengths so the last edge does not get shrunk making it easy to cut off. The heatshrink needs to be able to handle the heat because when you are done heating it up you need to pat it down to help form the cone shape and ensuring a strong melt onto the wire and pin.

Of course there is more things that make the heatshrinkless method not only easy but a thing of beauty fully filling the connector leaving you with a fully sleeved cable that is easy to train.

The example shown is of LC Custom 16awg wire with LC Stiff-Line Brown Sleeving which is why it looks full and super dense not showing the wire a bit and this shot is a close up.

http://lutro0-customs.com/products/lc-custom-16awg-black-wire-1ft

http://lutro0-customs.com/products/lc-stiff-line-sleeving-brown-25ft

I hope that this helps you sleevers out there get more of an understanding of a method that is never cut and dry but more of an art.

[Reason I Live]

Thanks for the kind words, but I am not following your question. I need to know exactly what method you are doing with the paracord - shrink or noshrink?

It's shrink. Basically, i experiences lumpiness under the shrink if i melt the paracord and stick it to the cable. These lumps can also make it difficult to fit back into the connector.

When i don't melt the paracord at all and apply the shrink, it is nice and smooth and fits into the connector. However if i pull too hard the sleeve slips off. 

So i need to melt it but i don't want the lumps. Should i try and melt it into a cone shape?

Another questions, i watched you tutorial on sleeving the 3 pin pan cables with the SATA shrink. Would this work with floppy? Because i have a sound card and that damn floppy cable looks hideous. The problem i see is the wires at the connector being spread out to large so the paracord won't come up far enough and therefore the SATA shrink won't reach. What do you think? How have you sleeved floppy in the past?

nice stufff :p my vables are already white sleeved by corsair though :P

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

I was thinking about doing some custom sleeving, but I was thinking about having them all bundled together in one large sleeve until a few inches from the end, then having them individually sleeved. I tried searching for that but couldn't find any information about sleeving like that? I wasn't sure what it would be called, I was thinking octopus sleeving, but searching google for that gives nothing of what I was looking for!

Not even sure if it's possible or if it even makes sense. It's just an idea in my head with no idea how to do it.

I was thinking about doing some custom sleeving, but I was thinking about having them all bundled together in one large sleeve until a few inches from the end, then having them individually sleeved. I tried searching for that but couldn't find any information about sleeving like that? I wasn't sure what it would be called, I was thinking octopus sleeving, but searching google for that gives nothing of what I was looking for!

Not even sure if it's possible or if it even makes sense. It's just an idea in my head with no idea how to do it.

You mean something like this?

I'd look for "cable braiding".

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I was wondering if the connectors on your site would fit the modular corsair power supplies. (Specifically the AX760i but I suspect they are all the same connector)

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Yup, they are all the same :) 

Dont know if I posted this here or not, but here is a sneak peak at the new Lutro0 Customs Téleios sleeving everyone has been waiting for!

29343_415472805234700_926768031_n.jpg

156497_415472811901366_1968389083_n.jpg

By far the easiest sleeve I have ever used and a perfect blend of density, size, color, and overall ease of use for sleeving. It is extremely forgiving for new sleevers.

It is 3 and some years of research trial and error finally in fruition.

It will be for sale soon as the rest of the colors and sata sizes come.

Finally a sleeve perfect for both shrink and shrinkless sleeving that doenst need a special heatshrink to use the shrink method and will contour to some of the thinnest 18awg and thickest 16awg, :thumb:

I am just a tad bit excited. :p

[Reason I Live]

I am just a tad bit excited. :P

I can promise you're not the only one... :D

Same quality as MDPC-X?

I may sound a bit partial but I believe it is better quality then MDPC. =) The proof is in the denser weave then MDPC and not having to stretch it as much to get that awesome full coverage. Pictures just dont do it justice, Once you get it in your hands you can feel the difference. But I dont like to say this is better then that or anything like that, you will have to use it to decide for yourself. I will have it for sale soon.

Here is another example:

1011492_417170928398221_89113505_n.jpg

[Reason I Live]