DIY Dust Filter

ScubaChase

panty hose

works good

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I've heard the fabric clothes softeners for the dryer works too

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

I've heard the fabric clothes softeners for the dryer works too

and they smell good :)

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

and they smell good :)

that they do

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

that they do

i like the apple scented ones

I've used panty hose on a 200mm fan. It works great!

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Panty hose and all works great, but I just got some 140mm magnetic filters from SilverStone the other day and they're awesome. I'd recommend getting some of those if you're trying to filter any normally sized fan mounts. DIY filters are just kind of ghetto.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

what can I use to block dust from a 200mm intake side fan?

What I use is

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16612/ffi-112/Ultra_Thin_Flexible_Fan_Dust_Filter_Material_-_Bulk_017mm_Thick.html?tl=g44c351s1706

Cut it in the outline of the fan. Make holes. Apply it from the inside.

filter.jpg

Nice drawing :D

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

What I use is 

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16612/ffi-112/Ultra_Thin_Flexible_Fan_Dust_Filter_Material_-_Bulk_017mm_Thick.html?tl=g44c351s1706

Cut it in the outline of the fan. Make holes. Apply it from the inside.

filter.jpg

Wait..wouldnt it get harder to clean? You'll have to take off the fan or take off the filter entirely to clean it.

Wait..wouldnt it get harder to clean? You'll have to take off the fan or take off the filter entirely to clean it.

yes.

But its cheap.

I use a fabric sheet on my side panel that has open grills,  It works amazingly well... well enough that i have to change it pretty regularely due to how much it catches. BUT.. It works.

I just mark the fan holes and bend it and cut it and just screw them down