[Gaming Survey] What would you like from a computer game?

Really good dynamic physics system that is built into all objects in the game. All objects made of particles with realistic strengths/ bonding forces. No scripted effects. I have a feeling we are a long way away from that because of processing power though. 

Also, I'd  really like to see a good survival game like the Forest with a good crafting system that DOESN'T HAVE FREAKING ZOMBIES OR SOME CRAP. I would love to have a survival game where the only enemies you'd have to deal with are wild animals, and there is a bigger emphasis on decision making to avoid starving, or freezing to death rather than fighting zombies.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Really good dynamic physics system that is built into all objects in the game. All objects made of particles with realistic strengths/ bonding forces. No scripted effects. I have a feeling we are a long way away from that because of processing power though. 

Also, I'd  really like to see a good survival game like the Forest with a good crafting system that DOESN'T HAVE FREAKING ZOMBIES OR SOME CRAP. I would love to have a survival game where the only enemies you'd have to deal with are wild animals, and there is a bigger emphasis on decision making to avoid starving, or freezing to death rather than fighting zombies.

Haha ur right the zombie thing is being done too much!

Crysis 3 graphics

The Last Of Us voice acting and actors

Fallout New Vegas freedom

Bioshock immersion

Borderlands humor

Half Life 2 length

-snip-

OH GOD 

I NEED THIS NOW 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

OH GOD 

I NEED THIS NOW 

i have been thinking about a good game for a while. what i want is basically a mix of forza, street legal redline (really old but realllllly fun game to mod), need for speed underground 2 (for the all looks goofs), and my own wants.

Main rig

CPU: I7 4820K @4.8GHz || Cooler: Corsair H100 || Display: LG 34UM95 || MOBO: Asus Sabertooth x79 || RAM: AMD 1600MHz 2x 4GB || GPU: Two AMD R9 290's @1050MHz core 1400MHz Memory || Case: Cooler master HAF 922 || SSD: Samsung 830 128GB and PNY XLR8 120GB SSD in raid 0 || HDD: 2x Seagate barracuda 1.5TB
Guest rig
CPU: I5 3330S || MOBO: ECS H61H2-I5 || Ram: 2x 2GB Samsung 1333MHz || GPU: Radeon HD 6970 || PSU: Antec Earth-watts 750watt
HTPC
CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 720BE unlocked 4th core @3.7GHz || GPU: low profile Geforce 9500GT || random 2x 2GB ddr2 ram (don't feel like looking) || Cooler: some rosewill cooler

I currently play Runescape and what I don't like about these games is that they interfere with the economy.

I'd much rather have them remove the Grand Exchange and reintroduce player to player trade.

It allowed the game to flourish to peaks it once held and since they removed it people can sell anything, anytime without interaction.

• 3 weeks later...

The death of quicktime events. I just want a game with no quicktime events.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

An RPG that combines the best of Dragon Age, the Witcher and the Elder Scrolls: Basically an Action RPG where my choices affect the world and there is no right or wrong choice, the ability to go anywhere and do things my way, with an interesting main storyline without needlessly long dungeons (Blackreach I am looking at you) and combat that can be first or third person with the ability to plan tactics with a variety of opponents and techniques, also as many or as few followers or companions as I want, plus gorgeous and different environments and locations, 

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

the ultimate hack n slash/parkour game with a very strong story.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

There is more than one answer. Depending on what game I am looking for, I am asking for very different aspects. In every game though, I am looking for High Resolution Textures, very good sound design, detailed environments, a fitting shader and above all an entertaining experience. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

I always wanted a single player game with amazing story and stuff, but with a huge open world (Skyrim is small) yet with no fast travel and every time you travel from a city to another city for the main objective, you go through a little adventure of its own, just like in some fantasy books. Make the difference between your first day equipment and top equipment brutal, but add in a zillion pieces of gear in between but still value any improvement, you finish a side quest, you get a special armor set that is actually worth it not a stupid bag of gold. Make the world much more interactive, I save a village from vampires, I would expect some reputation and gratitude, if I kill their cattle or steal supplies I expect to be hated.

Cities need to get much bigger, in Skyrim they look like villages with a castle. Also quests themselves need to evolve. We had this "talk to someone, go somewhere, kill something, go back, get paid" for more than a decade now. A lot of quests should be random while still making sense and needing logical thinking to complete.

This will probably never happen as the game would take eternity to make, yet one can dream of a world you will never fully explore with huge alive cities which will always have a new story to be told.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird