Can I do a fresh OS install with no disk?

spwath

If I were to purchase an imac g4, could i do a fresh reinstall of the OS without the OS disk?

Thanks!

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yeah, I think that Macs have a way of re-installing the OS without a disk, at least the new ones.

i'm a potato

Yeah, I think that Macs have a way of re-installing the OS without a disk, at least the new ones.

This is not a new one tho. Its from like 2006 or whenever

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Try calling Apple and ask them

Try calling Apple and ask them

Would they know/tell me about info on a really old computer?

don't buy a Mac.

Ok well i want to buy a mac

I just want a way to reinstall the OS without having to buy it again

Ok well i want to buy a mac

I just want a way to reinstall the OS without having to buy it again

It is not worth buying an eight year old system. Whatever you want to do with it, it will most likely be too slow to do.

I should be studying.

It is not worth buying an eight year old system. Whatever you want to do with it, it will most likely be too slow to do.

There is nothing i want to do with it. For fun. The whole point is its 8 years old. And an icon.

There is nothing i want to do with it. For fun. The whole point is its 8 years old. And an icon.

Its your money. Have fun.

I should be studying.

Would they know/tell me about info on a really old computer?

Why not? Doesnt hurt to try