Monitor static noise

lvh1

So I have this old monitor http://i.marktplaats.com/00/s/MTAyNFgxMDAw/z/Ki8AAOxykUZThzQW/$_84.JPG . It's about 8 years old and sort off works.

When I turn it on the screen is black and the blue led flashes on/off constantly at random, it's not programmed to flash like that for sure. To turn the screen on, I have to blast sound through the build-in speakers at maximum volume for a couple of minutes. I have no idea whatsoever why that works, don't ask me :P

Anyway. When it then is on, it makes this high-pitched static noise which is rather loud the first minutes but then weakens over time. Still pretty loud though.

Is there any way I can minimize the noise it makes? I already found out that turning down the brightness helps a bit. Changing the refresh rate from 60 to 75 doesn't change a thing, neither does changing the resolution. 

If there isn't, no big deal, I'm just using this near-dead thing as second thing until my other monitor(Dell p2214H) comes back from the manufacturer. 4 weeks and counting :|.
Besides that I found the way I have to turn on this thing rather funny and wanted to share it :P. If anyone can explain why it works like that, please do so.

Ha-ha, that's funny indeed. If I had to guess, I'd say it's an issue with power delivery. Each morning, around 5 o'clock, my PSU sounds like a transformator (loud electric buzz) for 5-10 seconds. At first I was afraid, but got used to it after a while. It's been like that for a couple of years now. But since my PSU is made by beQuiet!, I don't worry too much about it.

And my notebook's screen gives out a static noise as well. It reacts to brightness, just like your's does. But I use a powerbrick (PSU) from a different notebook, so that explains it, I guess.

Anyway, that trick of your's, probably won't work forever. Whenever you feel like it, try openning up your monitor and inspect it for visible damage. A bad capacitor doesn't have to be opened up. If you see a bulge on top, that's bad already and needs to be replaced. Very cheap to repair, if you know your way around a soldering iron.

Ha-ha, that's funny indeed. If I had to guess, I'd say it's an issue with power delivery. Each morning, around 5 o'clock, my PSU sounds like a transformator (loud electric buzz) for 5-10 seconds. At first I was afraid, but got used to it after a while. It's been like that for a couple of years now. But since my PSU is made by beQuiet!, I don't worry too much about it.

And my notebook's screen gives out a static noise as well. It reacts to brightness, just like your's does. But I use a powerbrick (PSU) from a different notebook, so that explains it, I guess.

Anyway, that trick of your's, probably won't work forever. Whenever you feel like it, try openning up your monitor and inspect it for visible damage. A bad capacitor doesn't have to be opened up. If you see a bulge on top, that's bad already and needs to be replaced. Very cheap to repair, if you know your way around a soldering iron.

I know, it's gotten worse over the years. In the beginning it would work with just 5 sec of noise and now it needs several minutes already. 

I've just tried to open it, seems like it doesn't work without breaking it (the bezel is already a bit cracked).

Guess i'll just leave it like this and patiently wait until my other monitor returns.