Press button to Rick Roll (yes, this is happening)

TopWargamer

Source: http://www.slashgear.com/rickmote-controller-rickrolls-all-nearby-chromecasts-17337711/

The Rickmote Controller allows someone to rickroll nearby Chromecast users with a single press of a button, which disconnects the Chromecast from its WiFi. Once disconnected, the Rickmote steps in and offers up an alternative, pulling up the music video on YouTube.

The Rick Roll strikes again. As many times as you may try to kill it. the Rick Roll will always return, and better than ever. Got a group of friends and you want to play a little trick on them? Rick Roll them with the press of a button. Sure the process is a bit slow, but your friends won't know what's coming until they, well...get Rick Roll'd.

This is a DIY project that uses the Raspberry Pi, a touchscreen, and a couple of WiFi cards, as explained by the Raspberry Pi team in the YouTube comments.

aiGyu.png

For more about this DIY project, read the blog post mentioned above: http://www.raspberrypi.org/rickmote-rickrolling-chromecast-users/

Or watch this video:

COMIC SANS

Oh for god's sake

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Source: http://www.slashgear.com/rickmote-controller-rickrolls-all-nearby-chromecasts-17337711/

The Rick Roll strikes again. As many times as you may try to kill it. the Rick Roll will always return, and better than ever. Got a group of friends and want to play a little trick on them? Rick Roll them with the press of a button. Sure the process is a bit slow, but your friends won't know what's coming until they, well...get Rick Roll'd.

while on this topic http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/19/5918645/the-original-rickroll-video-has-disappeared-from-youtube

You know what. If I can get one for under $10, I might just buy one

You know what. If I can get one for under $10, I might just buy one

It was a DIY project that uses the Raspberry Pi, a touchscreen, and a few other things. You probably won't be able to actually buy one, but I'm sure you'll be able to find the instructions online on how to make it yourself.

COMIC SANS

Is that the goddamn Faze clan logo at the beginning?

If it didn't take a goddamn eternity to load I'd say it's genious. But it kind of defeats the purpose...

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

who cares

I do

Lord Pantaloons, on 30 Nov 2014 - 7:32 PM, said: If Lawrence leaves his house and travels at a constant 40 MPH. How long will it take Bill from next door to shove a banana up his mom's rectum?

FX-6300Gigabyte R9 270X 4 GB OCWD Blue 1 TBCorsair Carbide 300RArctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev. 2Silverstone Strider Essential 500WAsus M5A97 R2.0Dell P2314HYamaha HTR-5740Mordaunt-Short Avant 309iSuperlux HD-668 BCooler Master CM Storm Quickfire UltimateGigabyte M6900Oneplus One 64 GB

darude sandstorm

No really...I wonder if it works with my old CRT TV(pretty sure it doesn't).

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

It takes so long to load it ruins it, a very ungainly way to do it and I'd never use it tbh.

Isn't the whole point of a rickroll to trick someone else into viewing it on their own?

If only it worked faster... cool but really obvious.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)