Thermal compound

Wingfan
Go to solution Solved by iNarcissist,

Great that it all went well for ya, mark the topic as solved if theres nothing more you want help with?

Im going to be using this Antec Formula 7 Nano Diamond,no idea where I got it.

Anyways ill be mounting a Zalman 9900 onto an i3-4130, so this stuff should be good enough?

also, how much of a temp difference do you think ill see over the stock heatsink/fan?

Thanks

post-9191-0-51308300-1405698041.jpg

post-9191-0-57088500-1405698059.jpg

post-9191-0-43168400-1405698087.jpg

post-9191-0-51308300-1405698041.jpg

post-9191-0-57088500-1405698059.jpg

post-9191-0-43168400-1405698087.jpg

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

it will be fine

and it should run cooler

Not sure what else to say :P

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

A little tip for applying thermal paste. Put about a pea size zed drop on the cpu then take a piece of scotch tape and put the sticky side on your finger then use that tape to spread the thermal paster all over the cpu in a thin layer.

I was expecting better results than the stock, but it about a 20deg difference!! very cool

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

I was expecting better results than the stock, but it about a 20deg difference!! very cool

That's actually not very surprising, most of aftermarket CPU coolers out there are better than Intel's stock one, especially in terms of mounting.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

A little tip for applying thermal paste. Put about a pea size zed drop on the cpu then take a piece of scotch tape and put the sticky side on your finger then use that tape to spread the thermal paster all over the cpu in a thin layer.

Never spread thermal paste. Are you doolallytat, sir?!

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Mounting was a bit of a pain, just took patience

Great that it all went well for ya, mark the topic as solved if theres nothing more you want help with?

Never spread thermal paste. Are you doolallytat, sir?!

If you spread it you are 100% sure it gets all over the cpu and you don't have to worry about air bubbles.

If you spread it you are 100% sure it gets all over the cpu and you don't have to worry about air bubbles.

You cause airbubbles by spreading it. The cores are in the centre of the CPU, a small pea size dot in the middle is enough, the pressure of the heatsink will evenly distribute the paste over the CPU, giving a perfect and even layer. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

You cause airbubbles by spreading it. The cores are in the centre of the CPU, a small pea size dot in the middle is enough, the pressure of the heatsink will evenly distribute the paste over the CPU, giving a perfect and even layer. 

No you don't its impossible to cause air bubbles by spreading it and if you do spread it then you are 100% sure it give you a perfect layer all over the cpu. If you put the heatsink on you don't know if it gets all over the cpu.

No you don't its impossible to cause air bubbles by spreading it and if you do spread it then you are 100% sure it give you a perfect layer all over the cpu. If you put the heatsink on you don't know if it gets all over the cpu.

Oh really? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hNgFNH7zhQ

All using the same method of a dot. And Linus shows the same in his build guides. 

I've been using the Antec Formula 7 Thermal Paste for all my personal as well as Freelance use and I've never had any re-occuring heat issues from machines I've taken in DUE to heat issues :).