Icons Re-Arranged?

Tie Lightning

Hey guys, so today at about 6:00, i turned off my computer because i was leaving the house for a few hours. I just got home at 10:00 and turned my computer on just to find that all my icons were re-arranged to the top left corner of my screen. Is there a reason why this would happen? Thanks guys:)

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

Resolution re-adjusted? that happens. 

CPU: Intel i5-4670K CPU Cooler: Swiftech H240-X Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark 1 Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHz 16GB Storage:  Samsung 850 evo 250GB ,1TB WD BLUE, Seagate Barracuda 2TB GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX970 4GB Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair AX760 Full Modular Monitor: Dell 23" S2340L IPS Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Mouse: Logitech G502(w/ Mi Metal Mousepad) Headphone: Audio Technica ATH-M50/MSR-7 Speaker: Edifier Studio 7 R2730DB

maybe your cable, whether it be vga, dvi, hdmi, or displayport, came loose, messing up your resolution. its happened to me a few times.

yep, normally happens when resolution changes. Happens to me all the time. specifically when i swap monitors in display fusion

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

It always happens to me after using LogMeIn to remote control it. It's a pain for sure, I agree. I have work applications on the far right of my right monitor, and the usual icons on the far left of the left (primary monitor)... I wonder if theres an app or tweak to lock them in position... Hmmm...

edit: here's some solutions from other annoyed windows users (I haven't tried them yet, FYI)

1. control panel

2. display
3. screen resolution
4. find the advanced settings link lower right
5. click the "on screen display" tab
6. uncheck the "Enable Auto Scroll" box

Done... thanks for nothing microsoft... Greg

p.s. why in the **** is this defaulted to on?

# Save your favorite icon locations for each screen resolution.
# Each user can then have his own arrangement.
# Automatically hide and display desktop icons
# Minimises to tray area for easy access.
# Easily minimize all of the windows on your screen
# Launch at Windows startup.
# Autosave
# Multilingual
# Portable
http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=Freeware/DesktopOK

# Features:

But this sounds the most promising

1. Right click a blank part of the desktop and then click Properties.
  2. Click the tab called "Desktop" and then click the "Customize Desktop" button.
  3. Click the tab called "Web" and then check the checkmark from "Lock desktop items".

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.