16GB Vs 32GB!

So, Obviously, 32GB is much better than having 16GB Of ram. Im having trouble deciding weather I should just buy 16GB of ram or 32GB. Im a Graphic Designer

Messing with these programs:

-Cinema 4D

-Sony Vegas

-PhotoShop

-Dreamweaver

-AfterEffects

I currently have 8GB Of Corsair memory but I figure I should upgrade since Im rebuilding a new and better PC. Do I really need 32GB or am I fine with 16GB?

I dont want to pay for extra if 16GB will get the Job done great already!

Professional Graphic Designer on Youtube, HighTech Media.

I know Cinema 4D's hair render takes up quite a bit of RAM. Do some rendering with 16GB and see if you're maxing it out.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

If you're asking, you probably don't need 32GB ram. There are few graphics designers that have a workflow or project heavy where 16GB ram isn't enough and 32Gb ram is necessary

To be sure, it would help to describe the type and scale of the projects you work on.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Buy a 2x 8GB Kit, try it out and when u think it's enough keep it, if not buy a second 2x 8GB Kit. Simple as that.

^this seems like the best option

Unless your PSD files are a gigabyte+ you won't need that much ram xD

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^