decent mouse pad?

aidenrelkoff

so i saw this one from steel series:

http://steelseries.com/products/surfaces/steelseries-qck

would it be desent? i currently have a 9.5" x 8" mouse pad, do you guys think it might be too big? i do like a smaller mouse pad because i do run 2900DPI.

EDIT: Nvm, i rust found out they have a Quk Mini: http://steelseries.com/products/surfaces/steelseries-qck-mini

but are these still good mouse pads?

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

I have the one, 1 size bigger than this. I really like it.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

I have the QcK+, which is humenguously big, and it's great.

QcK is an awesome mousepad, you should get it!

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

I have it, and like it.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

well since its cloth that means that the sensitivity will be slower so you well need to raise your sensitivity up on each game a tad bit.  I prefer plasticy surfaced muse pads.

Edit: more friction with cloth there fore less sensitive 

well since its cloth that means that the sensitivity will be slower so you well need to raise your sensitivity up on each game a tad bit.  I prefer plasticy surfaced muse pads.

im fine with that because my mouse (DeathAdder) goes up to 6400 DPI

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

What? That's not even remotely true.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

What? That's not even remotely true.

yes i promise. if you have a wooded, play a FPS without you mouse pad if you have a cloth one.  If you already play on a high sensitivity then you wont notice a huge difference but if you play on a lower then you will. There is more friction with the cloth mouse pad. I play on a high sensitivity and when i forget my mouse pad and i use my extra cloth one i notice that it feel like im playing on a lower sensitivity when im really not. might just just be me but i dont know :P

yes i promise. if you have a wooded, play a FPS without you mouse pad if you have a cloth one.  If you already play on a high sensitivity then you wont notice a huge difference but if you play on a lower then you will. There is more friction with the cloth mouse pad. I play on a high sensitivity and when i forget my mouse pad and i use my extra cloth one i notice that it feel like im playing on a lower sensitivity when im really not. might just just be me but i dont know :P

More friction, but it doesn't decrease sensitivity.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

you have to use more force to pull the mouse across the pad i promise try it

I use a cloth mouse pad, I understand it requires more force, however force and DPI are very different concepts.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I use a cloth mouse pad, I understand it requires more force, however force and DPI are very different concepts.

i looked at your profile... you have a macbook no?  you have you sensitivity to accommodate the extra force...

i looked at your profile... you have a macbook no?  you have you sensitivity to accommodate the extra force...

I have a desktop as well. It has a 3770K and a GTX 660 Ti. I just like my MacBook more than my desktop.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I have a desktop as well. It has a 3770K and a GTX 660 Ti. I just like my MacBook more than my desktop.

oh okay sorry for my misunderstanding

Um well i am done with arguing il stick to my thought and i hope you have a good day/evening 

Steel Series QcK. It's so nice!

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

oh okay sorry for my misunderstanding

Um well i am done with arguing il stick to my thought and i hope you have a good day/evening 

I'm not arguing that it requires more force, however that is different than DPI. We are talking about different things.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Wanting something smaller, I cant recommend anything other than a QCK. I switched from a standard QCK to a Heavy about 7 months back when I lowered my DPI down to 400 from 1,800. The quality on them is great. At least mine was and my heavy is. 

With that said, I would go so small as a mini. Just in case you need some breathing room in the future. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I'm not arguing that it requires more force, however that is different than DPI. We are talking about different things.

well maybe not arguing but chatting back in forth in a direct fashion.

well maybe not arguing but chatting back in forth in a direct fashion.

:D

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /