huge htc one problem

ixiboneheadixi

So I have an HTC one I got back in January and the other day the backlight stopped working so basically I cpuldnt see the screen but I could tell the phone still worked and now today the screen kicked back on but now every time I restart the phone it factory resets the whole thing and I've tried absolutely everything like legit I restart or turn it off and turn it on and when it comes back on it's back to factory settings no pics or music or apps or anything also the phone is running a little bit warmer then normal but nothing I think that would effect anything... Anyone know what to do?

HTC support center???

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

HTC support center???

HTC support is useless I contacted them about it they told me they'd get back to me and they just ignore me every time I try to contact them.

Take it to an HTC Genius Bar...oh wait... ;)

I would try to phone up HTC support and ask them what to do. It sounds like your phone has a very serious problem.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Take it to an HTC Genius Bar...oh wait... ;)

I would try to phone up HTC support and ask them what to do. It sounds like your phone has a very serious problem.

I wish their support wasn't completely useless but they just straight up ignore me and tell me they get back to me abd they don't

HTC support is useless I contacted them about it they told me they'd get back to me and they just ignore me every time I try to contact them.

thats must be annoying........why not go to there office? 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

So I have an HTC one I got back in January and the other day the backlight stopped working so basically I cpuldnt see the screen but I could tell the phone still worked and now today the screen kicked back on but now every time I restart the phone it factory resets the whole thing and I've tried absolutely everything like legit I restart or turn it off and turn it on and when it comes back on it's back to factory settings no pics or music or apps or anything also the phone is running a little bit warmer then normal but nothing I think that would effect anything... Anyone know what to do?

Yep. Contact the manufacturer or carrier and get that thing repaired!

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I wish their support wasn't completely useless but they just straight up ignore me and tell me they get back to me abd they don't

If they are blowing you off like that, then call them and simply state right away "I need an RMA number to send my phone in for repair". Don't take no for an answer. And DON'T let them "call you back". If they need to go do something, tell them to keep you on hold on the line.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Yep. Contact the manufacturer or carrier and get that thing repaired!

yeah I might have to go to the sprint store and see if they can do anything

If they are blowing you off like that, then call them and simply state right away "I need an RMA number to send my phone in for repair". Don't take no for an answer. And DON'T let them "call you back". If they need to go do something, tell them to keep you on hold on the line.

I just hope they don't try to charge me a shit load of money to fix it I mean it's only 6-7 months old and in good shape it just randomly started doing this

Doesn't HTC have that Screen replacement deal?

Yeah here it is:

http://www.htc.com/us/advantage/

I'm sure that covers you as the backlight is part of the screen.

Edit: Sorry re-read your post and you said Jan, but worth a shot seems like they want to get good customer service reports and you are not that far past the date.

Doesn't HTC have that Screen replacement deal?

Yeah here it is:

http://www.htc.com/us/advantage/

I'm sure that covers you as the backlight is part of the screen.

Edit: Sorry re-read your post and you said Jan, but worth a shot seems like they want to get good customer service reports and you are not that far past the date.

yeah but my screen started working now it's the fact it won't retain any data and every time it reboots it's back to factory settings

yeah but my screen started working now it's the fact it won't retain any data and every time it reboots it's back to factory settings

RMA it. It must still be under warranty.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Sorry did skim through the post a bit quickly, I have had to deal with customer services in the UK and they are actually pretty decent. I would Skype them and tell them that you keep having intermittent issues.

It sounds like a hardware fault, none of us are probably going to be of any help, places like Ifixit are probably no use either as it sounds like an issue with the mainboard etc considering the amount of problems you are having.

I just hope they don't try to charge me a shit load of money to fix it I mean it's only 6-7 months old and in good shape it just randomly started doing this

If you purchased the phone Brand New from Sprint, then you'll have at minimum a 1 year manufacturers warranty from HTC. Sprint may facilitate the warranty from their store (You go in and they send it off for you) or you may need to deal with HTC directly. I'd go to your local Sprint Store first to check. There should be zero charges aside from shipping at worst. If they start wanting to charge you replacement fees or repair fees, say no thanks and call HTC back directly.

Either way, you need to RMA that phone. Get it repaired or replaced by HTC. It's obviously defective.

if its under warrenty dont wait and send it to them, my dad s5 had problem with the camera and it ended up with changing the whole motherboard of the phone, my brother's htc one had problem with the mic also needed new motherboard. point is with phones if u have warranty just send it in, no point in tinkering wiht it on ur own.

If you purchased the phone Brand New from Sprint, then you'll have at minimum a 1 year manufacturers warranty from HTC. Sprint may facilitate the warranty from their store (You go in and they send it off for you) or you may need to deal with HTC directly. I'd go to your local Sprint Store first to check. There should be zero charges aside from shipping at worst. If they start wanting to charge you replacement fees or repair fees, say no thanks and call HTC back directly.

Either way, you need to RMA that phone. Get it repaired or replaced by HTC. It's obviously defective.

well I bought the phone from a best buy mobile but didn't buy best buys extra warranty so should I go into the best buy mobile or just go into a sprint store even though I didn't buy it from sprint I still bought it under contract with sprint from best buy

well I bought the phone from a best buy mobile but didn't buy best buys extra warranty so should I go into the best buy mobile or just go into a sprint store even though I didn't buy it from sprint I still bought it under contract with sprint from best buy

In this case, you definitely have at minimum, a one year warranty from the manufacturer. I suggest going into Best Buy Mobile first, since that's where you bought it from. Tell them you need to send your phone in for repair, and ask them if they can do that there. If they say no, then go over to the Sprint store and do the same.