Short review of Noctua NFA14 Industrial

There's not much to say about it actually; they're the same great fan we all love ( :P) with a new color (finally, a Noctua that fits with any color scheme!) made of a different material, rated for a longer lifespan and of course the higher speedz.

It IS quite loud at 12V (2000rpm for 3 pin version) but actually not as loud as I was expecting. It also does not initially spin at 5V; I need to set the fan controller on my R4 to 7V to get it spinning, THEN BACK to 5V to maintain rotation. That's understandable though as the good folks at Noctua probably didn't have 5V operation in mind the for Industrial fans...

Finally, to be honest, the only reason I got an Industrial fan is because it's black. If not for that, I had a regular Noctua NFP14 in its place before I got it that I would have been happy to keep using. So why not just get any other black fan for much cheaper, you ask? Simple...I still wanted the quality and reliability that Noctua excels so much at. :)

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I have a case full of NF-F12s, when I buy more fans in the future they will very likely be from the new range of Noctua's industrial fans, but I'm not swapping them out just for the colour I'm happy with my fans as they are for now.

Bad review, D-

MegaDoge91 does not appreciate us dark theme users.

78b60697db.png

32bdcce49b.png

Love you MegaDoge  :wub:  :wub:

for those of you who don't realize, mega doge is my bud

Bad review, D-

MegaDoge91 does not appreciate us dark theme users.

78b60697db.png

Love you MegaDoge

Ughh, do you have high contrast theme in Windows too?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Ughh, do you have high contrast theme in Windows too?

That's my TS skin

d6d95388df.jpg

I like dark things ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I like dark things ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Step up your game MegaPlekoDoge94

You're bad at this whole internet thing87724d713f.png

Step up your game MegaPlekoDoge94

You're bad at this whole internet thing

Why? You highlighted it in the end. :)

Why? You highlighted it in the end. :)

.... I didn't highlight anything... that's the issue

It's a big block of white

.... I didn't highlight anything... that's the issue

It's a big block of white

You still saw it...gewd enough.

^Hmm well, nice... err... whatever you two are talking about.

On another note, I'm going to be sticking with the good ol' vomit colour Noctuas to keep my hipster rating all good n' fresh.

Edit: Oh, I didn't realise how old the thread is now, oh well.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1