2500$ Gaming Rig [HELP]

I'm quite sure that AMD cards beat Nvidia cards at higher resolutions because they have more VRAM, and using SLI/CF doesn't add them up....

Check 780Ti Benchmarks vs Top of the line 290X at 4K Dude, you're in for a Shock, even the Extra Vram doesn't allow em to beat the 780Ti at High Res but it's been this way for ever, AMD goes for wide bit bus and VRam amount and Nvidia goes for Brut Graphics Power, both ways work just fine, but as Jeza say : Powerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

post-55787-0-21519600-1405386355.jpg

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Check 780Ti Benchmarks vs Top of the line 290X at 4K Dude, you're in for a Shock, even the Extra Vram doesn't allow em to beat the 780Ti at High Res but it's been this way for ever, AMD goes for wide bit bus and VRam amount and Nvidia goes for Brut Graphics Power, both ways work just fine, but as Jeza say : Powerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

attachicon.gifJeremy Power Clarkson18.jpg

Just looked at few benchmarks, and i saw:

- It's true that in some games 780-ti SLI is more powerful, but so is 290x CF in some games, it depends on the games, and even then, the difference at 4k was only around 10 frames, and on all of the games tested, SLI and CF 780-ti/290x had well above 60 FPS, so, if we were going by that, and by the fact that 290x is quite a bit cheaper than 780-ti, it's only logical to choose 290x.

- Mobo is too expensive

- Why Pro, why not EVO O.o

- You can get cheaper HDD

- Those 290's are expensive...

- Does he really need Platinum PSU for 2-way CF O.o

lol Why not? with $2500 you can :P

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

Just looked at few benchmarks, and i saw:

- It's true that in some games 780-ti SLI is more powerful, but so is 290x CF in some games, it depends on the games, and even then, the difference at 4k was only around 10 frames, and on all of the games tested, SLI and CF 780-ti/290x had well above 60 FPS, so, if we were going by that, and by the fact that 290x is quite a bit cheaper than 780-ti, it's only logical to choose 290x.

i don't know, yes it depends on the game in some cases but mostly the 780Ti is More powerful and for me that's all that maters, yes if you get less power but combined with the right amount of Vram, Bit bus, it should work like hell too, but for me, it's all about horsepower, but that's just me you know

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |