Do you guys think it's time for me to upgrade?

nivra552

Got this specs

I5-4670

R9-290

GA H87N Wifi mobo

8gb ram

NH-L9i cpu cooler

Seasonic x850watt psu

What? no.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Are you not getting the frames you want? If so get a second 290. Otherwise, do nothing

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

No need to upgrade the components you posted.

Are you not getting the frames you want? If so get a second 290. Otherwise, do nothing

This. When will you guys learn this? Don't fix it if it works!

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Well a SSD wouldn't hurt.

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

My friend suggested that I would go custom loop water cooling is it worth it? And also he told me i7 is better for gaming? Do games really utilize all cores of the i7?

My friend suggested that I would go custom loop water cooling is it worth it? And also he told me i7 is better for gaming? Do games really utilize all cores of the i7?

no.

An i7 will yield 1-2fps in some CPU intensive games.

Is only get a water loop if you're not happy with temps--specifically gpu temps since you can't oc your CPU anyway.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

The loop will cost more than your computer. I just decided to do that with my rig and at the end of everything it will cost you about $8-900 with all the rads,blocks and reseviours. In the end it will let me overclock a little bit further and make my pc quieter but you're paying $800 to get the last 5% of performance. It's not really worth it. You can take that same $800 and buy another GPU and a 2011 motherboard and CPU and get real performance upgrades.

time to upgrade to SSD maybe, but other components are fine

YES!

Motherboard is mITX. Could upgrade to R9 290X or if the case (& budget) allows R9 295X2.

Custom loop can be expensive and is a great hobby. It will not improve in game performance a great deal.

With some games an i7 can provide an improvement but most games are more limited by the gpu.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Ahh ok guys thanks.. Are the new haswell refresh worth it? Was thinking of selling my processor and buying a k version so that I could oc in the future.. Also with my mobo sell and buy a z97 mobo

Ahh ok guys thanks.. Are the new haswell refresh worth it? Was thinking of selling my processor and buying a k version so that I could oc in the future.. Also with my mobo sell and buy a z97 mobo

you can put a devils canyon chip on a z87 board with a bios update. But, it's not a huge difference. The 4690k is better than the 4670k since it tends to run cooler and oc more consistently, but 4670 vs 4690 (non k) are virtually the same.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Do you think it better to just wait for the broadwell chips? what do you guys think about just buying an air water cooling kit? Is it more a better choice? I have a bitfenix prodigy btw

Do you think it better to just wait for the broadwell chips? what do you guys think about just buying an air water cooling kit? Is it more a better choice? I have a bitfenix prodigy btw

An AIO cooler is not really going to do much for your system.

Do you have a specific problem you are trying to address? Or, do you have some money burning a hole in your pocket? If the later, why not look to getting a better monitor, keyboard, mouse, or headset?

An AIO cooler is not really going to do much for your system.

Do you have a specific problem you are trying to address? Or, do you have some money burning a hole in your pocket? If the later, why not look to getting a better monitor, keyboard, mouse, or headset?

whats the safest temp for the i5-4670 i sometimes worry when it reaches 70 when gaming thats why I was thinking of going AIO water cooling

whats the safest temp for the i5-4670 i sometimes worry when it reaches 70 when gaming thats why I was thinking of going AIO water cooling

The Noctua NH-L9i is not really that great cooler for gaming systems, if you have some space in your case I would suggest to upgrade it to the 120mm (NH-U12S) or 140mm (NH-U14S) one or get the NH-C14 if it fits. That way you would achieve more decent temperatures without having to buy an AiO water cooling.

The cpu will start to throttle when its temperature enters the danger zone - generally somewhere in the low 90'sC. It will shut down the system if the temperature rises to a level that may lead to immediate damage.

Most people suggest that staying under 80C is optimal. Occasional forays into the 80's will not damage the chip. Extended periods above 80C may lead to degradation and a shorter lifespan.