Thermaltake Level 10 GT Review - Video

Dredgy

Hi guys

First off this is WAAAAAYYYYY out of my comfort zone. I have a crippling fear of being on camera and I think this is a reasonably good way to get over it. Plus it helps me learn about tech. 

I'm not an expert by any means, but I think this is a pretty good overview of the Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition. I hope to put a video out once a week as time allows. And there will be a written review out shortly which will go into loads of detail.

I'm sorry about the runtime and the audio in the last 2 minutes, but hope you enjoy (or at least give decent constructive criticism).

Thank you.

you done good mate. . . only criticism really is the sound, but that can be fixed in your next videos, keep up the good work

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Hey great review, I have the all black version housing my 3rd rig. I got mine close to the end of 2011 when I was building my LGA2011 rig. Saw the case and fell in love with it, was actually more keen to get the all metal version but it was not available here. I have my reference HD7970 install in it, and with fan profile set at 55%, and with ambient temp at about 24C, it idles at 35C with load temps at around 60C...perhaps a smidgen over 60C. 

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Hey great review, I have the all black version housing my 3rd rig. I got mine close to the end of 2011 when I was building my LGA2011 rig. Saw the case and fell in love with it, was actually more keen to get the all metal version but it was not available here. I have my reference HD7970 install in it, and with fan profile set at 55%, and with ambient temp at about 24C, it idles at 35C with load temps at around 60C...perhaps a smidgen over 60C.

Thanks. I was the same, it was kinda floating around in my head for a few years, I would've liked the metal one as well but The sheer practicality of the GT probably makes it better.

It's a really great case, I did actually find a "sixth" hard drive bay in it too! If you have a drive sled (I used one from the Coolermaster Elite 120) there is a rail to mount it above the top hop swap bay. So that's one of my biggest complaints addressed.

I'm not running anything over clocked, but at load my (not quite complete) system has excellent thermals.

It's a pretty good review. Video quality is really good. But sound is just too low, at least for me. You might want to boost the sound or put a mic on the desk maybe?

And if it's ok with everyone to share my thoughs on the case;

I wanna say sorry before getting what got wrong with me. And I'd like to add I moved twice after getting this case, But I haven't moved it around too much between moving to a new place. And while moving to a new place I always used original box and foams of the case.

To be honest after using this case for 2-3 years all I can say is that it looks good :D There are still lots of people are taking my case' picture after seeing it. And some of the features you mention in video are quite correct and handy.

But..
On the other side of the coin, Case is just falling apart...
Back plate lost it's shape long time ago. I have to push all the sides to put it back into place.

The handling bar is almost came out.

Front panel could come out if I didn't use ducktape.

Front panels dust filter is touching the fan, I don't know if it's because of a fan head lost shape or dust filter is moving around almost freely.

Side door is not closing, it also lost it's shape. it's also duck taped.

Cleaning the side fan, even though it has a dust filter is just a pain :D

Headphone holding piece doesn't want to stay on. If you touch it by accident it just falls off.  :P

Dust filters are mostly useless. I mean yea they hold dust but I think they could have provided much more better quality dust filters for that price, like the ones they use in air conditioners.

I can't think of anything else right now :D

@Goodmane Thanks for your response :)

Video quality is really good

Thanks :) Always room for improvement, but I'm pretty happy with it.

But sound is just too low, at least for me. You might want to boost the sound or put a mic on the desk maybe?

It's not just you. It's a big problem. The problem with that mic (or the transmitter, I'm not sure) is if I have it any closer to me (it's at full volume) it starts clipping the audio like crazy. I spend much longer editing the audio than the video, and I'm fairly sure one of my videos is unrecoverable. I have ordered a proper mic today, so after all of the videos I have filmed, that should hopefully pick up in quality.

But..
On the other side of the coin, Case is just falling apart...

Unfortunately I can't judge this, as mine is fine (about 4 months use). So in my experience so far, it has held it's shape and shows no sign of losing it. This might change, and I'm about to move houses in a couple of weeks, so we shall see. It have built and rebuilt in it 3 times so far..

Cleaning the side fan, even though it has a dust filter is just a pain

Have yet to have this problem as it sits in a relatively sterile environment and hasn't been running for a great deal of time. So I shall see. 

Headphone holding piece doesn't want to stay on. If you touch it by accident it just falls off.

Yep. Any slight upwards pressure on it causes it to fall off. Not a big deal for me as I don't use it anyway, but it is annoying, especially when you're just moving it a few feet.

The handling bar is almost came out.

Yea, I treat it as an aesthetic choice. I just don't think it's a smart place to put an actual carry handle - since all of the weight (PSU, GFX cards etc) are on the opposite side. It just seems like an accident waiting to happen. So I just think of it as a funky piece of design.

My experience with it is, in general, that it looks great and is really easy to build in. And the quality (of mine at least) is really good.