AIO Or Custom loop

So i really am getting into the water cooling idea and was wondering if i should do a custom loop or just get a H320. Also another option is a corsair h1001 and then do the new water cooling thing they have. I have money to do either. Im only going to be playing games and running CAD. I have a 17-4770k and am gonna get the next gen cards (if they ever come out lol). what do you guys think? should i spend the extra money ? Is it worth it? Also recomend some good water coolers (cheap is better) I have a nzxt h440 and it supports 360mm rads and i guess anything below.

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP   CUSTOM LOOP

Totally worth it. But only if you are cooling both GPU and CPU. CPU only loops make little sense to me.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Custom loop all the way

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Ok can you recommend some good ones? I guess include a gpu water block too, (r9 290/x). How much am i looking at spending?

Ok can you recommend some good ones? I guess include a gpu water block too, (r9 290/x). How much am i looking at spending?

picking out your own parts is probably the best way to go.

$700 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

picking out your own parts is probably the best way to go.

$700 

without gpu right?

without gpu right?

No about $700 with gpu. My loop was $800 total.

wow ok thanks.

this loop will cpu cool too? Right?

this loop will cpu cool too? Right?

Wait you meant the GPU, not just the block. My bad around $1100 then with CPU.

Wait you meant the GPU, not just the block. My bad around $1100 then with CPU.

Fak ya um is the h 320 or the h110 any good?

Custom loops, always look prettier as well :D

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Fak ya um is the h 320 or the h110 any good?

Just get the NHD15 then. Then a NZXT bracket and a h100i or something.

Just get the NHD15 then. Then a NZXT bracket and a h100i or something.

So like when the corsair gpu cooler comes out get that and then use dual 280mm H110 ? i can do that its cheap.And if i sli i can even do a h80i on one of the gpu's.

So like when the corsair gpu cooler comes out get that and then use dual 280mm H110 ? i can do that its cheap.And if i sli i can even do a h80i on one of the gpu's.

It won't be pretty, perform as well or be as quiet but it will be better than air. 

It won't be pretty, perform as well or be as quiet but it will be better than air. 

meh cheaper than 1200 bucks.

Certaintly depends on what air.....NHD15 will perform better and be more quiet without any possibility of pump problems like you would with and AIO.

Just go air.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

So i really am getting into the water cooling idea and was wondering if i should do a custom loop or just get a H320. Also another option is a corsair h1001 and then do the new water cooling thing they have. I have money to do either. Im only going to be playing games and running CAD. I have a 17-4770k and am gonna get the next gen cards (if they ever come out lol). what do you guys think? should i spend the extra money ? Is it worth it? Also recomend some good water coolers (cheap is better) I have a nzxt h440 and it supports 360mm rads and i guess anything below.

If the price of a custom loop puts you off. Get an NH-D15 it'll be the perfect fit with your high airflow 540 Air. A GPU + CPU custom loop with a 360 and 240 rad for example will run you about $900.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Certaintly depends on what air.....NHD15 will perform better and be more quiet without any possibility of pump problems like you would with and AIO.

Just go air.

I meant in comparison to a custom loop...

I meant in comparison to a custom loop...

My bad then.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Is the dark rock pro 3 ok? It has temps similar to noctua. I have a nzxt 440 so im worried about no  movineg enough air around in mycase, hense why im inclined to water cool.

Is the dark rock pro 3 ok? It has temps similar to noctua. I have a nzxt 440 so im worried about no  movineg enough air around in mycase, hense why im inclined to water cool.

according to this review it's not as good as the NHD15 with dual fans but still better than something like an H80i...

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cooling/2014/06/09/be-quiet-dark-rock-pro-3-review/2

This review puts it within 3% of the H110..

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/beQuiet/Dark_Rock_Pro3/8.html

I'd go with the noctua nhd14 or nhd15 if you can deal with the ugliness of the thing...if not the dark rock 3 is just fine.

Even better would be the nzxt havik 140 wich perform about the same as the noctua nhd14 but cost less and looks better:

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/nzxt_havik_vs_noctua_nh-d14_review/1

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

according to this review it's not as good as the NHD15 with dual fans but still better than something like an H80i...

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cooling/2014/06/09/be-quiet-dark-rock-pro-3-review/2

This review puts it within 3% of the H110..

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/beQuiet/Dark_Rock_Pro3/8.html

I'd go with the noctua nhd14 or nhd15 if you can deal with the ugliness of the thing...if not the dark rock 3 is just fine.

Even better would be the nzxt havik 140 wich perform about the same as the noctua nhd14 but cost less and looks better:

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/nzxt_havik_vs_noctua_nh-d14_review/1

to many decisions.... we will see and thanks nano, u always got my back!

Ok i looked at pictures of all of the water coolers you guys recommended in a H440 and i must say out of even the water cooler the DrP3 is the sexiest.The Havik is best pric/performance, adn the h110 is the coolest. Noctua is just to damn ugly and barley beats a H110. The Dark rock pro 3 costs $10 more than a Noctua and H110. Im really mainly worried at this point about the airflow in the H440 witch is apparently very bad, and is why the case is designed for water cooling.Im also a PC novice and am scared ill run into problems with the water cooler. Noctua apperantly has the best mounting system ever. So now its beetween Noctua,Havik, And H110. 

Im really mainly worried at this point about the airflow in the H440 witch is apparently very bad, and is why the case is designed for water cooling.Im also a PC novice and am scared ill run into problems with the water cooler. Noctua apperantly has the best mounting system ever. So now its beetween Noctua,Havik, And H110. 

if you are scared, then don't do it. maybe later when you have more

confidence or experience in what this all means.

water cooling needs airflow, too. and if the H440 is so horrible, why is it a

consideration or are you getting misinformation?

the H440 is fine for low speed fans/high static pressure fans (you'll need 'em)

for front mounted radiators. the problem with the H440 is trying to use them as

primary air cooling fans. the "effective range" of a fan is about 50-80mm. you

have to jack the speed up to get more air in, this is where the rub is. 3x 2500rpm

fans will cavitate the front air vents and begin to recycle the air that is already

inside the case from the front bulkhead (H630 problem).

air is lazy and will only go where the fan moves it to. then once into the interior,

interior fans then recirculate to a different location. eventually the roof/rear fans

redirect the air to exhaust. honestly, if using air-cooling, top and front intake and

rear i/o exhaust and let the rest exhaust naturally.

and this is about 90% of the cases made today. the filters are so fine the fans

output is usually half (fractal foam isn't as restrictive) of the spec provided.