I need help with my pc choice.

I want to build a pc for 1500 euros mainly for video editing, but i also want to do some serious gaming on it.

i thought of going with an i7 4770k with a gtx 780 or i7 4930k with a gtx 760.

is there a huge differance in video editing performance with those CPU`s?

the 4930K has 6 physical cores and 6 virtual cores. the 4770K has 4 of each.

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Gtx 760 vs 780? Obvious choice ;)

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

Yes, especially with CPU intensive tasks like video editing that i7 4930k will have much more potential with 2 more cores, more cache and quad channel memory. But you will compromise on the gaming side.

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

Can`t do the gtx 780 with i7 4930k, (money issues)

Can`t do the gtx 780 with i7 4930k, (money issues)

Can you do a 770?

what about a 4820k and the 780, then ehen you have money you can move to a 4930k

Its ultimately your choice: do you want faster rendering times or better fps in games? The 4770k still has decent rendering times but the gtx 760 still has decent performance in games. If video editng is more inportat to you, get the more expensive cpu with the cheaper graphics card. If gaming is more important, get a more expensive graphics card and a cheaper processor. You cant go wrong either way