Laptop with 1080p screen, SSD and decent CPU?

SergeantJezza

Hey, not sure if this is the correct subforum, but I'm looking for, as the title says, a laptop with a 1080p display, an SSD and a decent CPU. And preferably eight gigs of RAM.

I'll be using it for school stuff mainly, so it won't need to be super high-spec (I already have a £2000 desktop PC, so gaming will be done on that, and I can use Steam in-home streaming in the event that I would want to use the laptop to game). However, I would like it do be fairly decent for work stuff, so basically open programs and files quickly enough for me to not want to kill myself whilst using it.

I'm predictably looking to spend as little as possible on this, and I don't really know where to start as I've never bought a laptop before, so I was hoping you guys could help me out. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I would like the screen size to be around 17 inches, but I'm not really too bothered about it.

Alienware 18 and if you want a 17" laptop there's the Alienware 17 but i don't know if it's 1080p

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Alienware 18 and if you want a 17" laptop there's the Alienware 17 but i don't know if it's 1080p

Is this a joke?

what is your budget?

pls not....

Alienware 18

NO. I made the mistake of buying a M14x and really dislike it. The build quality is shoddy, the Gpu's can't do anything, they're loud, hot and they are heavy. I would stay away from alienware in general.

For my recommendation, go to digital storm and completely customize the laptop to your needs.

Or get an asus G750JZ or Js or J

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

He says he already has a £2000 desktop, no need for a £2000 laptop.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

i don't know shit about laptops and my friend told me the 17 and 18 are good sorry for misinformation

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

A budget would be nice

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

-snip-

Could you give us a budget please?

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

MSI GS60 Ghost if you want something that's powerful, has an SSD (and HDD) good CPU, good GPU (nice to play some games on a laptop) and a 1080p IPS panel. It's around £1000. Not sure if that's above your budget or not...

For the budget, I'm hoping to only spend about £600-700. If this means compromising some of the things I listed then I'm still open to all ideas.

For the budget, I'm hoping to only spend about £600-700. If this means compromising some of the things I listed then I'm still open to all ideas.

Dell Inspiron 7000 Series. 

Sony VAIO Flip (Buy quickly because they will be gone soon) (Get the 500GB option and then get a $60 128GB SSD)

Lenovo Yoga 14

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Thanks for all the recommendations so far, I will look at them all.