Unlocking Bootloader on HTC ONE M8

Mouse-Potato

Hi, 

As the title says, I'm curious if this can be done with the Google version of the phone, I know HTC sells the Developers edition but I really want to get the Google one. Anything is helpful!

Thanks

Go to HTCDev and register. Click on the unlock bootloader button. Go to fastboot, and type (fastboot oem get_identifer_token) (without brackets). On HTCdev paste your identifier token. You will get an unlock code bin. Save it to your desktop. In fastboot, type (fastboot flash unlocktoken Desktop/Unlock_code.bin). Then, on your phone, use the volume buttons to highlight yes and click the power button to confirm.

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

Hi, 

As the title says, I'm curious if this can be done with the Google version of the phone, I know HTC sells the Developers edition but I really want to get the Google one. Anything is helpful!

Thanks

just a little tip: check out XDAdevelopers forum. it's pretty fantastic. loads of information, instruction, ROMs, Kernels, and helpful people if you need. 

I get everything I need for my S4, which is a verizon S4 running a google edition ROM

Sweet!

Thanks to all you guys for the pointers and the know how, I love this site!

Kudoos and karma to all of you!