Steam

Stefan007

hi all, i just have one question. Did steam ever got hacked. Cause my brother lost some of his games!. Im getting worry for my AAC

What games did he lose? He might have just lost the free to play weekend games

When people say they got "hacked" it usually means they were stupid enough to give someone their password. I don't think a hacker capable of hacking into your brother's steam account would really give a crap about your brother's steam account.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Eeh steam (that i know of) never got hacked. Your brother deleted the games maybe, or they were demo's 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

STEAM has never been compromised, and individual accounts that get compromised are 100% the fault of the user. Either by doing something stupid to get their system infected or failing for a phishing scam.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

What games did he lose? He might have just lost the free to play weekend games

no, he lost payday, cod modern warfare and GTA Complete 

So Steam never got Hacked?.

Maybe my bro did give someone Password.. i really don't know.

no, he lost payday, cod modern warfare and GTA Complete 

Contact Steam, I have never lost any games

You can't "lose" games on steam that you bought. You can only delete it from your computer, the name of the game will always be there even if you've never player/installed it.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

You can't "lose" games on steam that you bought. You can only delete it from your computer, the name of the game will always be there even if you've never player/installed it.

Well, they can be pulled for non-payment or due to a scamming dispute. But if that happens you get both an email and a message in STEAM notifying you that a game was removed by Valve.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Gaben=All Hackers Die

Its all looks these days

Hack Gaben? Non Possible lolz

Its all looks these days

Contact Steam, I have never lost any games

Best answer right here. 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

Steam has been DDoSed couple times but I've never heard about it being completely hacked. Users yes, buts its most times their own fault. As said, games are bind to account. When you buy game, you get receit to email. That is verification that you own game. If any of those is missing, contact Steam support, wait for few months and you get things solved.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Steam has a pretty high security system, I don't think they've ever been fully hacked. Most of the time it's because some one posts their username/password/email somewhere public. 

You may have to go back to the game's store page and from there, the buy button or whatever should be download install blah blah.

But as other said no.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Considering the safegaurds steam has put in to hack into a persons account it would require them to get the password for the account, the email address and the password for the email account making it effectively incapable of being compromised. And steam a whole being hacked has not happened (to my knowledge at least.) It's probably just a glitch in the system.

Since when is it possible that games dissapear from your library, I thought there was no way to delete them from your library?

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W