How to over clock my AMD 8350??

hay guys i just got a new one of this AMD 8350 and was wondering How to over clock my AMD 8350??

Dont worries about cooling it have a Noctua D-14 with 3 fans and tones of air cooling when its idle it sits around 9.0 dergres iv never seen it get above 35 dergres even playing rift at max... tho i can here my graf card crying when i do that.... i sirisly thing rift should be one of the testing games out there its so hard on grafs..

oh and sorry if there is alredy a post like this i looked and could not find one my self.

Is what you'll want to watch

The one in the video is an 8150 but the concept is the same.

Slowly tweaking of Multiplier and voltage

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Where do you live where your CPU idles at 9C o_o?

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Where do you live where your CPU idles at 9C o_o?

Australia, QLD, Brisbane, Southside

At one point it got to 6.6

oh and my dad is a Industrial Elektrishon and he gave me some high grade Industrial thermal paste. its white insted of dark coulers. and it works soooooo well plus i have a Noctua D-14 with 3 top fans at max blowing in to the cooler and the two on the cooler blowing and a high air flow fan puling all hot air strate out. and the case is air presser optimized. so yea. ill take pics and put on here and my account when i move to my new place to day.

if i did it with the new AMD Gamer Series Ram would that be good?

btw how do you get the specks for your pc down the bottom of the chats?

@NanoFlux Are you getting your CPU temps from Core Temp? Because if so then they are probably wrong like mine. Look at the CPU temps in your bios they are more accurate. You can off set the tepms in Core Temp by going to Options> Adjust Offsets.

if i did it with the new AMD Gamer Series Ram would that be good?

btw how do you get the specks for your pc down the bottom of the chats?

The AMD Gamer Series RAM is excellent !

You can edit your signature by going to the top of the page--> click on your name next to "Sign Out" --> Click on "Edit My Profile" it's a black button on the top right corner of your profile page---> then select signature from the left.

Or follow this link http://linustechtips.com/main/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=signature

If you want more help overclocking your FX 8350 you can follow this overclocking guide, it's the most comprehensive AMD FX CPU Piledriver/Bulldozer overclocking guide on the internet.

@NanoFlux Are you getting your CPU temps from Core Temp? Because if so then they are probably wrong like mine. Look at the CPU temps in your bios they are more accurate. You can off set the tepms in Core Temp by going to Options> Adjust Offsets.

no im useing PC Wizard 2012

The AMD Gamer Series RAM is excellent !

You can edit your signature by going to the top of the page--> click on your name next to "Sign Out" --> Click on "Edit My Profile" it's a black button on the top right corner of your profile page---> then select signature from the left.

Or follow this link http://linustechtips.com/main/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=signature

If you want more help overclocking your FX 8350 you can follow this overclocking guide, it's the most comprehensive AMD FX CPU Piledriver/Bulldozer overclocking guide on the internet.

oh god i am terable at following this type of things.... i think im just goint to have to get some one to show me in person how to do it.

lol on youtube and this scared the shit out of me at the start.... of the vid

I just installed PC Wizard 2012 and its giving me the the wrong temps. its saying 22C when it should be 35C. Whats your ambient room temperature? I just dont want you to OC and somehow fry it. :)

hay guys i just got a new one of this AMD 8350 and was wondering How to over clock my AMD 8350??

Dont worries about cooling it have a Noctua D-14 with 3 fans and tones of air cooling when its idle it sits around 9.0 dergres iv never seen it get above 35 dergres even playing rift at max... tho i can here my graf card crying when i do that.... i sirisly thing rift should be one of the testing games out there its so hard on grafs..

i know with mine uping the bus worked better than multiplier

4.6 is easy to get and after that you may be able to get 4.8 if you chip likes you lol

mine sits at 4.7 im sure i could go more if i slowed my ram down a bit but im fine with it

keep core temps under 62C

try to keep voltage at or under 1.45 if u can

have fun

At one point it got to 6.6

oh it got to3.9 last night was like 10 dergres out side

i know with mine uping the bus worked better than multiplier

4.6 is easy to get and after that you may be able to get 4.8 if you chip likes you lol

mine sits at 4.7 im sure i could go more if i slowed my ram down a bit but im fine with it

keep core temps under 62C

try to keep voltage at or under 1.45 if u can

have fun

4.6 would be enuf for me

I just installed PC Wizard 2012 and its giving me the the wrong temps. its saying 22C when it should be 35C. Whats your ambient room temperature? I just dont want you to OC and somehow fry it. :)

ah ok

oh it got to3.9 last night was like 10 dergres out side

If it is 10° degrees outside, then it is imposible that your cpu was at 3.9° at idle.

It cant be cooler than the current air temperature wich in your situation is 10°; unless you are using LN2 or Phase Change.

Mobo: Asus Maximus Impact VI Processor: Intel 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.22Vlts Memory: 2x8 GB DDR3 1866Mhz GSkill Sniper

VGA: Sapphire HD 7970 3GB OC Audio: Asus Impact Supreme FX SSD: Mushkin Chronos 120GB HDD: WD Black 500GB

Power Supply: Coolermaster V650 Semi Modular Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i

If it is 10° degrees outside, then it is imposible that your cpu was at 3.9° at idle.

It cant be cooler than the current air temperature wich in your situation is 10°; unless you are using LN2 or Phase Change.

with amd chips there core temp is a calculation that has an offset

it only becomes accurate at like 40C but at idle it is way off

my ambient is like 26C and my idle core temp says 11C

oh and my dad is a Industrial Elektrishon and he gave me some high grade Industrial thermal paste. its white insted of dark coulers. and it works soooooo well plus i have a Noctua D-14 with 3 top fans at max blowing in to the cooler and the two on the cooler blowing and a high air flow fan puling all hot air strate out. and the case is air presser optimized. so yea. ill take pics and put on here and my account when i move to my new place to day.

Electrician* :P anyways, it's actually quite simple. Up the multiplier until it becomes unstable. Once at that point, you can either up the voltage(and see if it's stable) or back off a bit(and see if it's stable). Each time you change the multiplier(you can go by ones or twos), reboot and stress it using prime95 or some other stress testing program for about a  minute or two. After you're happy with an overclock, stress it some more for about 10-15 minutes to make sure it's stable. Also, don't forget to monitor your temps.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I suggest you download RealtempGT and use it for your temps.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

CoreTemp also works nicely.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I use HW Monitor for monitoring temps, as I've had bad experiences with CoreTemp measuring ridiculously strange temps, Speedfan just not registering anything, RealTemp not supporting my platform (lolwut). 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Electrician* :P anyways, it's actually quite simple. Up the multiplier until it becomes unstable. Once at that point, you can either up the voltage(and see if it's stable) or back off a bit(and see if it's stable). Each time you change the multiplier(you can go by ones or twos), reboot and stress it using prime95 or some other stress testing program for about a  minute or two. After you're happy with an overclock, stress it some more for about 10-15 minutes to make sure it's stable. Also, don't forget to monitor your temps.

To be fairly sure that it's stable, I recommend going for 24 hours. 

If you don't want that, an hour could suffice, but I would not be sure that it's stable. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50