Youtube Desktop Client?

Is there any kind of a desktop client for Youtube? I don't think google has one but if there's any good 3rd party ones that's fine too. I just hate the website so much and I just can't get 60fps working with Firefox.

Instead of going through hoops is there any desktop client that is better than the site? If not could someone point me to the addon that enables it.

The problem is you're using FireFox...

I like browsing reddit better on Firefox, the way it handles tabs is more convient for me than chrome. Sorry if I'm not giving everything my PC does to google :P. Switching to Chrome doesn't really make Youtube any better of a site anyway. Well except 60fps.

60fps is Chrome only? 

I think it's HTML 5 or something. I can't get it working in Firefox but it works fine on Chrome.

I like browsing reddit better on Firefox, the way it handles tabs is more convient for me than chrome. Sorry if I'm not giving everything my PC does to google :P

It works perfectly fine on Chrome, you should try it.

It works perfectly fine on Chrome, you should try it.

I have, it's just I don't want to have a browser dedicated only to using Youtube. It would be much better if there was just a desktop client.

I have, it's just I don't want to have a browser dedicated only to using Youtube. It would be much better if there was just a desktop client.

I think there's an app for it in Win8. But it was broken last time I used it. No point for a desktop client when you have a browser that does the exact same thing...

I think there's an app for it in Win8. But it was broken last time I used it. No point for a desktop client when you have a browser that does the exact same thing...

Yeah, it's just sad there isn't. I prefer using Youtube on my iPad and Android phones way more than I do using the browser version.

Chrome will stay on HTML5 whenever is possible. So...

When I enabled HTML 5 playback using addons and Google's page on Firefox it still maxed at 30fps. The other reason I'm looking for a desktop client is I'm trying to find some better way to use Youtube. The website is just so terribly disorganised it's unbelieveable.

Works nice, just got it (the app)\

How do i tell if its 60 fps?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Then call Chrome your desktop client. Cause really having a desktop client wouldn't be much different.

Then call Chrome your desktop client. Cause really having a desktop client wouldn't be much different.

Yeah, if it makes the layout actually good it would be a major improvement. I prefer the mobile version of Youtube MUCH more than the destop version. Youtube's layout is terrible on desktop.

Yeah, if it makes the layout actually good it would be a major improvement. I prefer the mobile version of Youtube MUCH more than the destop version. Youtube's layout is terrible on desktop.

windows 8 app is good, i just got it.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Works nice, just got it (the app)\

How do i tell if its 60 fps?

There's only a couple videos that are 60 fps right now.

Personally I can't stand the mobile app. But then I really don't go past my subscribers on youtube. I hate that I can't make the mobile app go straight to that instead of the useless "what to watch" screen. Like if I cared about all of that they'd know if I used that page or not with all the data they collect. So I just have it go straight to my subscriptions page when I go to youtube and I don't venture too far from that. Also the whole move the video to the bottom right of my screen when going back to the previous page is annoying, it never wants to swipe away closed properly.

That's just my experience though, everyone has their likes.

Personally i'd love to still use Firefox, but after that last update they had that changed the UI again and all that I can't use it. Chrome isn't much better, but it handles the syncing history and stuff between Android and desktop versions a little better (and it better, being a Google product) but I still hate Chrome. The tabs go UNDER the favorites bar, period. Like at least give me the option like Firefox does.